SOTD "B&B SUPPORTING VENDOR WEEK" NOVEMBER 1st - NOVEMBER 7th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
All from Connuaghts here in the UK.
IMG_20211106_111623_1.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Nov 6th 2021

Razor: Gillette Fatboy E4-Mfg 1959, excellent designed razor, I get smooth shaves from this razor, one of my enjoyable Gillette's.
Blade: Gillette Astra Superior stainless(5) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with good longevity.
Soap: Razorock XXX, nice fresh scented soap with excellent lather qualities.(misted)
Brush: Yaqi 26 mm red Zebra synthetic :001_wub: excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud soft tips, 100% luxury scrubber, excellent painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser. Left some CeraVe soap on beard area instead of a dollop of Aloe Vera gel for change.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX(nice clean scent when dried) with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion balm(scentless)
Results: CCS, DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 weeper(operator error)=:a17:Excellent shave with my Gillette Fatboy with a Astra SS blade.
SOTD, Nov 6, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

20211106_133745-01.jpeg

SOTD #264/2021
06-11-2021

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Dunshire
Razor: 1961Gillette Fat Boy
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (4)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Schröder und Mann ~ Majestät AS; Nivea Sensitive asb.

Just an easy and flawless shave with the Fatboy on setting 5 (wtg) and 8 (atg). Almost bbs. Very nice.

Happy shaves!

Last edited:
6359703E-60B3-4D69-B2CB-93FB2F822985.png

SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 6, 2021

Closing a pool this late in the season is not a lot of fun. The problem was scheduling a Saturday when my 21 and 18 year old grandsons would both be available to help. SWMBO and my Kildare have both forbidden me from doing anything other than supervising. This is the first time I haven’t done it all myself. As my grandfather used to say, “this age **** ain’t for sissies”! Fortunately, they both arrived by 7:00 AM ready to work. Unfortunately, I had SWMBO standing behind me to prevent me from pitching in. As the years passed, what used to take me about about an hour had stretched out to almost 2 1/2 hours. My grandsons finished in 30 minutes, leaving me time for a shower and an awesome shave.

This morning’s mug shave featured the new-to-me Filarmonica 13 Novodur. This razor at approximately 6/8 falls right into my sweet spot. The first thing I always do whenever a new straight arrives is to assess the flatness of blade and the sharpness of the edge. The Filly arrived from Japan a few weeks ago flat as a pancake and popping styrofoam. It had a buttery smooth edge which my son, Ben, touched up on his prized Uchigomori stone. Experienced open edge shavers always instruct new straight shavers to imagine they are just wiping away the lather. Well that’s what this morning’s 2 1/2 pass mug shave felt like leaving this old man’S mug delightfully smooth.

Yesterday’s noggin shave with the Ronson safety razor was very good. My friend David really enjoys using that razor, but he’s not a dome shaver. The Ronson does a decent job on the noggin for me, but it pales in comparison to any of my three Shake Sharps. My absolute favorite is the Bakelite handled Model 1, but there’s really no difference in shave quality between it and either my nickel or gold plated metal handled Model 2’s. The G.E. Jones Shake Sharp is the only SE I know of that takes an unmodified DE blade. I like to stack two DEs in the razor, which emulates the very slightly thicker carbon steel DE blades of the thirties the razor was designed for. I’ve never cut myself with this razor, and this morning’s two pass ATG dome shave maintained the razor’s rep leaving me velveteen smooth from noggin to shoulders!

RAZOR: Filarmonica 13 Novodur (Mug), G.E. Jones Shake Sharp (Dome)
BLADE: 2 Stacked Feather DEs (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: JR Rosewood Silvertip Badger #377
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme AS Balm.

Razor: Treet - Baton Handle (Black)
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (6)
Brush: Dscosmetic - Red Queen 24mm synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso Sensitive Skin
Lather: Proraso White (Sensitive Skin)
Aftershave: Arsenal Grooming - Da’ Bomb
6D44EB6F-3B2A-47F7-8BE1-1ADB105A8B6C.jpeg

Completion of my Treetise
I didnt know what to use today so I decided to complete my Treet hat trick. I went old school with Proraso lather and pre-shave. Every thing went just as expected because a black Treet razor is going to shave exactly the same as my blue or brown Treets. I did mix it up a bit by shaving all the parts of my face in the reverse order I usually do. Just a bit of bathroom shake up. There’s no moss growing on ouchy.
Splash on Da’ Bomb for an explosive facial treat…and that’s all she wrote!

SOD Saturday November 6, 2021

Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub or tube of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Shave Nation
Pre shave: None
Lather: Proraso Blue (10)
Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
Face WTG-XTG-ATG
Head WTG:XTG-ATG
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: None
Balm: Proraso Blue Dopobarba

Have a great day!
IMG_7990.jpg

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Today is
SATURDAY
6 November, 2021

______

Razor: RazoRock "Lupo 72"
Blade: Dorco "Prime"
Pre: CeraVe "Moisturizing Bar" + Elegance Plus gel
Brush: PAA "Aerolite Phantom"
Bowl: Captain's Choice heavy copper
Lather: Long Rifle "Brown Bess"
Balm: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion
Frag: Vera Wang "Look"

Whipped up some "Cherry Blend"
scented lather meringue in the

Captain's copper bowl.

Painted that over my usual

pre-shave layers of CeraVe
and Elegance Plus "Earth" gel.

Let that set for a moment, then
went to work, easily turning
two-day's growth into
drain fodder.

Alum block told of no
friction or sting.

What an invigorating way
to begin a weekend.

Stay healthy,

Bill

11/06/21 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Harvest Moon Moroccan Argan Oil Body Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Briar Conditioning Shampoo Puck - A True Fall Classic
Barrister and Mann Terrorade
Barrister and Mann Hallows Shaving Soap (Limited Edition)
RazoRock 400 Butterscotch 24 x 57mm Synthetic Noir Plissoft Brush
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
E. Weck & Co. Sextoblade Straight Razor - U.S. Navy Medical
Kismet Stainless Steel Razor Blades - 2nd Shave
Lancaster Razor Works Tangerine Orange Black Sheep Shaving Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block with Rubber Grip Band
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Lavender Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Barrister and Mann Hallows Aftershave (Limited Edition)
Schmidt’s Charcoal + Magnesium Mineral Enriched Natural Deodorant
Maggard’s Razor Oil​

B IMG_9822D.jpg

20211106_133226.jpg

Fatip slant
Shark Super Chrome (2)
Yaqi Moka Express badger
Captain's Choice bowl
Captain's Choice 45th Parallel
Col. Conk Lime AS

First use of the Yaqi. It's got some funk to it, but zero scritch. This knot is massive on my face!
DFS so comfortable it feels like I wished the three days growth away.🧞‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom