Simpson Duke #2 in Best Badger
Schick M1 Adjustable Injector Razor
Parker Injector Razor Blade (7)
West Coast Shaving Alum Block
Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic
Nivea Maximum Hydration Balm
Bourbon French LaVie Nouveau
View attachment 1616901
That's a great three-day run right there, eezee! Thanks for posting! Cheers!

50F28DC6-ACB3-4DCC-8951-597D63C8DEB9.jpeg

DB1075BF-317B-42DA-BA28-57AE5FCE2754.jpeg

Pre: Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser

Razor: Henson AL13 ((original "Men's") medium ++)
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (d7)

Soap: Shannon's Soap The Warrior
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Bowl: Tillamook Cobalt

Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Company Light-Ish Red

Today brings me another first in a fairly long list of firsts I've been experiencing lately. Today I had the pleasure of using Shannon's Soaps shaving soap for the first time and of all the possible options available, I just so happen to be the lucky recipient of this particular unobtainium version, The Warrior.

It has a beautiful fragrance that I immediately felt I was familiar with but couldn't quite place. To give you an idea though of what it smells like, I'd say that in a general sense, it's a powdery-floral. With some hunting, I do believe I've found its scent notes. If I'm correct its top notes are lemon leaf and orange, with middle notes of lily of the valley, jasmine, and rose along with base notes of sandalwood, vanilla, powder, and creamy musk. I'd say that at face value this could easily be considered feminine but in all honesty, I think it's a unisex scent that leans a little more to the feminine side. Don't let my thoughts mislead you though as it really is good! I genuinely wish this one had a matching aftershave because I'd totally seek it out.

Hardware wise I went with the Henson AL13 (medium). I haven't used this razor in quite some time so I thought why not revisit it today? I threw in a Personna Platinum Chrome blade on its seventh day of use. I tend to like using worn blades in the AL13. With it being such an efficient razor with great blade clamping and zero blade chatter, it basically strong-arms used blades into providing a couple/few more shaves than they would in a less rigid razor.

I did a fun three-pass shave with a little buffing at the end and earned a bbs shave. The AL13 isn't the prettiest razor but if you've used one, you know it's undeniably one of the best out there at getting the job done right.

I thought that Stirling Soap Company's Light-Ish Red would be a good match for The Warrior so I went with it today for my aftershave choice. Now that it's all said and done, I think they were a great pairing if I do say so myself.

Alright my friends, that's it for today. Take care of yourselves, each other, and enjoy your shaves.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Tuesday, March 7th/2021- Test day #1 for the Yaqi Mellon 316 SS head version 2 or 2nd generation (V2)!

Razor : Yaqi Mellon head 316 SS 2nd generation (V2) with a Yaqi "Tear Drop" cannon looking polished handle- Mfg 2023>, mid range as other folks mentioned already.
Well made with excellent machining and finish polish is nice QC what I have noticed and experienced + no blade tab overhang.
Top cap feels even when flipped 180 degrees to shave other side for equal feel of blade. Corners of base plate I carefully rounded them with a fine stone(use your own discretion on that, I'm a bit fussy that way). Blade clamping is excellent and griped the blade well. The audio feed back while shaving was excellent that helps indicate to operator angle is good while shaving IMO.
Yaqi states that there is .4mm gap and there feels like some positive blade feel also but not over the top by any measurement.
I do like the shave it offers already even on the first use. Very good to see that blade feel designed in the V2 where V1 was a milder feel that folks enjoy also IMO.
As for the "Tear Drop" cannon looking handle it is slightly bottom heavy but comfortable enough and on ATG pass with handle pointed upwards it worked very well with the grooves and taper felt excellent to my grip. I like tapered handles. Looks good with it polished + easy to index when wanting to use other side of head like most round handle should but the taper stops any sliding feeling IMO.
While I'm talking about about this razor head Yaqi has a trending sale discount on at Ali_ express and with a Ali coupon combined you can save some extra money if your interested in the V2 Mellon head 316SS , the sale ends March 12 I believe.
Blade : Gillette Astra SP (1) Sharp & smooth with excellent longevity. I like to use this blade for testing new razors for a few shaves.
Soap : La Toja stick, nice very mild scent with excellent lather qualities. Good post shave fee; also.
Brush : Yaqi " barber pole" 24mm 2 band badger, excellent lather generator
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm with a drop of hyaluronic acid added.
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper=:a17:Excellent shave with my Yaqi Mellon head V2 with a Astra SP blade.
SOTD March 7 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

20230123_083729.jpg

Razor: Timeless Stainless Steel .95 SSB
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless
Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Long Rifle Hunting Lodge
Aftershave: Shannon's Soaps Indigo Oud Aftershave Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

Status