What's new

🏈🥃🎸🍺🎬🔪 “SOTD - B&B Subforums! Theme Week” February 13,2023 to February 19th, 2023 🏈🥃🎸🍺🎬🔪

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday, February 19
proxy.php

MWF~~Vie-Long Beehive~~Feather AS-D2/Polsilver SI~~Vintage Aqua Velva

Have a great day!

02/19/23 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Ariana & Evens Soap of Antiquity
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Al Fin Conditioning Shampoo Puck
Billy Jealousy Hot Towel Pre-Shave Treatment
Barrister and Mann Marilyn Shaving Soap
That Darn Rob Mozingo ZT3 Badger Knot on Loan
Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl - Obsidian
Phoenix Shaving Ceramic Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Rockwell T2 Rose Gold Adjustable DE Razor, Settings 3 & 5 - 1st Use
Bolzano Superinox Blade - 1st Shave
The Razor Company Beige and Black Luxury Shaving Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block with Rubber Grip Band
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Barrister and Mann Marilyn Aftershave Splash
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Epic 5% Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) Serum
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Al Fin Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength
Ariana & Evans All Naturals Hybrid Beer Pomade - Charred Sandalwood & Bourbon (firm hold)​

A IMG_2778.jpeg

20230218_091022.jpg

Razor: Schick B3 Repeating Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: The CaYuen Workshop Candy Cane in HD Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Aftershave: Avon Wild Country, white rook bottle
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

2/18/23
Haslinger Meeresalgen
Vie-Long 14080
11/16 Ed Wusthof #83
Tony Miller 3" Fast Bridle Strop
West Coast Shaving Alum Block
Murray & Lanman Florida Water
Nivea Maximum Hydration
Nautica Blue
SOTD2-18-23.jpeg

2/19/23
Reef Point Submariner
H.L. Thater 4376/3 Silver Tip
13/16 Dorko #1054
Tony Miller 3" Fast Bridle Strop
West Coast Shaving Alum Block
Old Spice
Nivea Maximum Hydration
Montblanc Starwalker
SOTD2-19-23.jpeg

Mon 20
Soap & Aftershave Signature Soaps Hibernia
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito 2 Band Badger
Razor Joseph Rodgers 5/8
Beautiful lather from this quality soap...rich and slick, easily whipped up by the excellent brush.
This razor potential is further realized in today's shave. Previous use was not keen enough. After putting it slowly through the 0.1um balsa followed by the Kanayama... the razor's edge is now silky soft smoothness and very keen. Almost did not feel the edge. 3passes for a good bbs-dfs finish...
20230220_142721.jpg

photo_6314057466987525350_y.jpg

Romer7-Ricardo-SP-With-Blade.jpg
Gillette-Razor-SP-With-Blade.jpg
IMG_20230218_202040_517.jpg

IMG_20230218_135324_528.jpg
IMG_20230218_135251_669.jpg
IMG_20230218_135343_745.jpg

IMG_20230218_135533_662.jpg
IMG_20230218_135205_725.jpg
IMG_20230218_135221_069.jpg

Summer is going out, so no more hot water baths. I did not see much difference b/w hot and the usual room temperature shower and shaving after that. I was running short on time, had lot of office work. So I did all this in 20 min.

- VICCO shaving cream did not disappoint. You get nice and a very light fragrance of sandalwood oil.

- Rubab Men Firefly is very thick brush. A nice change from my usual $0.5 or $1 plastic shaving brushes. Compared to these plastic brushes, it holds water and lather way better. Just a new experience.

- SP razor is mild. SP razor + SP blade combination is totally awesome. Razor just glides on the face like a knife glides on the butter. Problem is I had grown lots of stubble in 3 days and this mild razor could not keep up with the length and thickness of it. It got stuck and moved roughly when I applied pressure at one place, hence I got nicked. I just shaved off the cheeks region and stopped there. This combination is better than: Permasharp razor + Permasharp Blade, Permasharp razor + SP blade

- Ricardo + Wilkinson Sword combination is another awesome thing that happened. Like I wrote in my previous posts, this razor has lot of blade feel on the face. You can feel a sharp blade touching and moving across your skin. It was better than Ricardo + SP blade combination though. That was dangerous combination where I had to be very alert. But Wilkinson with Ricardo is different. It's like Wilkinson Sword blade was saying I'm with you buddy on shaving this 3 days stubble, just a bit careful with this Mr. super aggressive Ricardo. Jaws and neck, everywhere I used it. Got one nick, as usual, at the chin region. Very hard to use this razor at chin.

- Alum stings happened at the chin and jaw and the one nick at the cheeks from SP razor. But no sting at all at any other place, I could not even feel the alum at rest of the face.

- St John Cobra is awesome aftershave. It stings only at those place where I did not take care of angle/pressure. Never stings at any other place. It moisturizes well too. This is my new favorite now. Just put Patanjali Kesar Aloe-Vera gel after this. Smooth, pain-free and no-irritation.
RESULT: Damn Fine Shave.. an awesome feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom