What's new

SOTD "AD-SLICK WEEK" September 19th - September 25th, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday again proved to be a grand display of photos and posts here at SOTD. Colorful pictures and thoughtful b&w studies were joined by interesting verbal accounts of the day's shaves.

I wish to thank each and every one of you gentlemen. Without your time and effort SOTD would not be highlight that it is at B&B.

@YourGunshowTix - Congrats on the successful shave with Knight's Passion. Like the "weighty" support for your gear.
@Dagwoodz - I like the selectivity of the picture, Josh -- no over-crowding. Give those elements their due.
@shm - Pristine photo, Søren. Great colors. Love the Fatip.
@ronindug - A refined shave succinctly captured!
@Jnatcat - The complementary colors are quite evocative of Spanish Leather, Will. Well done.
@ClaudioBP - Very artistic.
@Cash_Stronomer - Tech lost in the forest ... great texture and excellent depth of field.
@fly3k - The soft focus gives real moodiness to the picture, Steve. Fine shave, by the way.
@prometeo - Is that a Gillette Techmatic? How did it shave?
@Tenergy - Nice overlay to a fine photo.
@eezee - Another quality lineup for, what I would expect to be, one fine shave.
@Bobcat - Looks like the Rapira is working well for you, Bob. I've gotten really great shaves from them. By the way, I used The Spoiler blade yesterday. Good shave and I looking forward to its next use.
@Red Rider - Good POV. Love the lavender accents. I agree the Damaskeene is a great razor.
@azwetshaver - What's not to like about your shave, Gabe? Nothing. Fine soap, love the Semogue and the Red Tip is alway ready for action!
@blexa - A fine image of shaving elements resting atop a bed of blades. Like that a lot!
@skypsyd - Now that selective coloring leaps right out of that excellent b&w, Dave! Love it!
@Hanover - This is a fun photo, Mark! Neat!
@Sdm84 - Nicely composed. Great bloom on the brush.
@Noire - A great little tableau. Fine looking razor.
@blzrfn - Excellent closup. I just bought an eBarbershop Injector but haven't used it. Does it shave as well as vintage Schicks? Nice to see the vintage blades.
@sandstone - Superb shot, Phil. Great depth of field also. Would hate to see that fine looking backgound out of focus.
@PACO GALAN - Wonderful photo. Congradulations on a real Old Spice shave.
@120inna55 - Lovely portrait of a shave, Matt.
@DabblinRazors - I like the angle of your photo; it give a dramatic touch, especially with the vignetting. Good write up.

I hope each of you has a great Sunday ahead, gents. I fully expect the contributions tomorrow to be excellent and inspiring.

For now, a good evening to all.

Last edited:
Day 7 in Cream Week... That's all of them. Great products, every one of them.

Not much to say about today's shave but "excellent". The cream smells like you've just shoved your face into a pile of limes at the local Publix...

$tmp_13319-0924162320~21048577627.jpg $tmp_13319-0924162148~21829843606.jpg
$tmp_13319-0924162147~2-669575849.jpg

Razor: Gillette Black Handle Super Speed
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Brush:Semogue 1438
Cream: Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Limes
AS: Witchhazel / Citrus ASB / 4711 Aftershave

That Nacet in the SS have a effortless and absolutely irritation free BBS... :thumbup:

Have a great Sunday Gentlemen!!!

Sunday's Planned SOTD

$PhotoLab_app_Color_Pencil_Drawing.jpg
Razor: Gem Push Button
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D7)
Brush: Simpson Duke 2
Bowl: Lady Sea Creations 5"
Pre Shave Scrub: Holy Black True Grit
Pre Shave Oil: Homemade Bay Rum w Lime
Shave Soap: Barrister & Mann Bay Rum
Aftershave: B&M Kyovu Bay Rum

Absolutely beautiful! Well done!

Thank you very much

Saturday again proved to be a grand display of photos and posts here at SOTD. Colorful pictures and thoughtful b&w studies were joined by interesting verbal accounts of the day's shaves.

I wish to thank each and every one of you gentlemen. Without your time and effort SOTD would not be highlight that it is at B&B.

@skypsyd - Now that selective coloring leaps right out of that excellent b&w, Dave! Love it!

Thanks Ron

proxy.php

Pre-Shave: Cyprusian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor 1st-2nd pass: Weck Sextoblade
Razor 3rd pass: BBS-1
Blade 1st-2nd pass: Personna Hairshaper (1)
Blade 3rd pass: Ladas (1)
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac
Soap: Stirling Lavender & Bergamot
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Thank for your beautiful pictures gentlemen - I hope you all have a great Sunday :thumbup:

SOTD - Sunday, 25 September, 2016 - Stirling Executive Man

Prep: hot shower, Lucky Tiger Facial Scrub
Pre-shave: Baume.be Pre-shave Gel, hot towel
Razor: C.V. Heljestrand Mk 31
Soap: Stirling Executive Man
Brush: Simpson Colonel X2L in Best
Bowl: The Shaving Place mountain blue lather bowl
Post-shave: alum, cold towel, Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Stirling Executive Man
Fragrance: Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Man
Album of the Day: Men at Work – Business as Usual
Song of the Day: Be Good Johnny
$SOTD20160925.jpg
A wonderful shave today! Have a great Sunday everyone!

Sunday 25 September 2016

proxy.php

Mastro Livi Inox "Grifone", 9/8 Full Hollow, Livi Snake Point

What a razor! Although the blade is quite big - this is a 9/8 straight razor - you have the total control of the shaving also thanks to Mastro Livi's snake point. This straight razor is made of forged stainless steel and it proves - once again - Mastro Livi's impeccable craftsmanship in making stainless steel straight razors. I bought this razor two years ago and it still shaves like the first day, it never needed any touch up, not even in chromium oxide paste. I just used, as usual, Mastro Livi loom strop and hand palm in order to achieve a perfect ordinary maintenance of the edge. This morning I used Mitchell's Wool Fat soap again and I like it, easy to lather while ensuring a good moisturizing effect. As for the aftershave, my beloved Floïd Blue did an impeccable job. And I am ready to face the day with an extraordinarily super BBS shave!​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
  • Brush: Vie-Long Horse 13061, 24mm knot
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Inox "Grifone", 9/8 Full Hollow, Livi Snake Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Floïd Blue

Razor: Schick Injector
Soap: Old Spice
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1 Best
Aftershave: Old Spice
Balm: Neutrogena
Talc: Old Spice

$IMG_5326.jpg

Eufros Premium Tallow Tobacco
M&F 3xL Finest Badger
Wacker Holschliff 7/8
Alt Insbruck AS

proxy.php

Regards

Enviado desde mi D6603 mediante Tapatalk

Sunday 25 September 2016

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...iQRnG0TPsgCL0B/w969-h727-no/SOTD-25092016.jpg

Mastro Livi Inox "Grifone", 9/8 Full Hollow, Livi Snake Point
What a razor! Although the blade is quite big - this is a 9/8 straight razor - you have the total control of the shaving also thanks to Mastro Livi's snake point. This straight razor is made of forged stainless steel and it proves - once again - Mastro Livi's impeccable craftsmanship in making stainless steel straight razors. I bought this razor two years ago and it still shaves like the first day, it never needed any touch up, not even in chromium oxide paste. I just used, as usual, Mastro Livi loom strop and hand palm in order to achieve a perfect ordinary maintenance of the edge. This morning I used Mitchell's Wool Fat soap again and I like it, easy to lather while ensuring a good moisturizing effect. As for the aftershave, my beloved Floïd Blue did an impeccable job. And I am ready to face the day with an extraordinarily super BBS shave!​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
  • Brush: Vie-Long Horse 13061, 24mm knot
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Inox "Grifone", 9/8 Full Hollow, Livi Snake Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Floïd Blue

Razorguy, I always enjoy seeing your posts with the Mastro's razors. They're true works of art, and I hope to one day be the proud owner of one! His Damasteel and Damascus razors are simply amazing...

SOTD 2016-09-25

Hot water
Parker 22r with Voskhod blade (1)
Omega 10098 Professional
Parker Sandalwood & Shea Butter soap
Alum block
Alpa Farao aftershave

proxy.php

Nice first batch of posts and photos today,gentlemen!Enjoy your Sunday!:thumbup1:

Last edited:
Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – Barbaros TR-1
Blade – Astra S/P
Brush - 'Mama Chub' (Chubby 2 Two Band)
Soap – OSP Eucalyptus + Menthol
Post - Witch Hazel

due to a change in my shifts, I didn't have time for a 'real' shave on Thursday, and had to use a cartridge, and shave butter (headshave setup)..So, you can imagine my delight, having just had a wonderful shave with the Barbaros + Astra S/P combo...yeah, that's put things right...

@YourGunshowTix - Congrats on the successful shave with Knight's Passion. Like the "weighty" support for your gear.
@Dagwoodz - I like the selectivity of the picture, Josh -- no over-crowding. Give those elements their due.
@shm - Pristine photo, Søren. Great colors. Love the Fatip.
@ronindug - A refined shave succinctly captured!
@Jnatcat - The complementary colors are quite evocative of Spanish Leather, Will. Well done.
@ClaudioBP - Very artistic.
@Cash_Stronomer - Tech lost in the forest ... great texture and excellent depth of field.
@fly3k - The soft focus gives real moodiness to the picture, Steve. Fine shave, by the way.
@prometeo - Is that a Gillette Techmatic? How did it shave?
@Tenergy - Nice overlay to a fine photo.
@eezee - Another quality lineup for, what I would expect to be, one fine shave.
@Bobcat - Looks like the Rapira is working well for you, Bob. I've gotten really great shaves from them. By the way, I used The Spoiler blade yesterday. Good shave and I looking forward to its next use.
@Red Rider - Good POV. Love the lavender accents. I agree the Damaskeene is a great razor.
@azwetshaver - What's not to like about your shave, Gabe? Nothing. Fine soap, love the Semogue and the Red Tip is alway ready for action!
@blexa - A fine image of shaving elements resting atop a bed of blades. Like that a lot!
@Hanover - This is a fun photo, Mark! Neat!
@Sdm84 - Nicely composed. Great bloom on the brush.
@Noire - A great little tableau. Fine looking razor.
@blzrfn - Excellent closup. I just bought an eBarbershop Injector but haven't used it. Does it shave as well as vintage Schicks? Nice to see the vintage blades.
@sandstone - Superb shot, Phil. Great depth of field also. Would hate to see that fine looking backgound out of focus.
@PACO GALAN - Wonderful photo. Congradulations on a real Old Spice shave.
@120inna55 - Lovely portrait of a shave, Matt.
@DabblinRazors - I like the angle of your photo; it give a dramatic touch, especially with the vignetting. Good write up.

I hope each of you has a great Sunday ahead, gents. I fully expect the contributions tomorrow to be excellent and inspiring.

For now, a good evening to all.

Thanks Ron, always a gentlemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom