What's new

something i find funny.

I think I'm good for now.
$raiders_of_the_lost_ark_warehouse_scen_450.jpg

I would love to get 3 shaves out of a blade. Once in a while I try to get 2 out of a blade and usually end up regretting it.
Wow that is crazy unless you are referring to a straight that you have to strop after each shave. If you are talking about DE blades that gets pretty expensive. Even if you only pay 12 cents per blade you ae looking at 43.00 a year. Well thats not too bad, but if you are using med prep blades that are .32c each then its around 116.00 a year. Guess that is still not too bad. Nevermind. But still crazy to only get one shave out of a blade.

Wow that is crazy unless you are referring to a straight that you have to strop after each shave. If you are talking about DE blades that gets pretty expensive. Even if you only pay 12 cents per blade you ae looking at 43.00 a year. Well thats not too bad, but if you are using med prep blades that are .32c each then its around 116.00 a year. Guess that is still not too bad. Nevermind. But still crazy to only get one shave out of a blade.

Yeah, I don't get it. My beard is not particularly course and certainly not thick growth. I have tried a lot of blades, too. Some of the more expensive blade I might get 3 or 4 shaves from. But my go to blade is Derby, which I get for 7.5 cents per blade. Rapira and some Gillettes I can get 2 comfortable shave plus maybe a third but that's about it. Sharks and Astras are a single use for me too.

I bought 100 Voskhod, 100 Rapira Paltinum Lux and 100 GEM PTFE SS nearly 3 years ago.

Haven't finished one pack yet.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I've got around 400 blades. I get 4/5 days from each so they should last me almost 5 years.

Are you saying I won't be here in 5 years?????:bored:

I kind of like the thought of hoarding a whole bunch of 100 lots of Nacet's, just in case. BUT, I kind of like the adventure of finding the right blade, so it really doesn't bother me to have to try again if I had to. And really, I've learned to prep and shave so well now, that for the most part, I can just make most blades work for me anyway. When I buy in 'bulk', that just means I'm good for maybe up to 6 months on anything.

For me, the main concern is that a blade I absolutely love may be discontinued overnight!

I am getting worried about the Gillette 7OC blades from India, given how big an impact the Guard plastic razor has had on converting DE shavers to carts!

The Indian Greens are mainly for the Barber market so they will be safe but the Indian Blacks are the most premium DE blades in India and not used by barbers...this worries me!

I have roughly 2,000 blades including Indian Blacks, Indian Greens, Polsilver SI and Timor Solingen. I may add another 500 Polsilver SI to my stash as they are just awesome!

Top Bottom