What's new

Society Of the Red Tip

20230812_120848.jpg

1956 red tip (B1) , feather 6th use, derby, DS cosmetics synthetic, Dickinson's witch hazel, Aqua Velva musk. 10 out of 10 shave that feather Blade with that red tip gave a wonderful shave. That feather blade has no signs of giving up the go

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
How would you compare the jewel blade to others?
I lucked into a parcel of over 600 of these and the first few I tried, from the same tuck, were dull and tuggy, especially on the first pass, but subsequent tucks have been much better. I would judge them as an unremarakble, medium sharp, solid workhorse, perhaps like an Astra. They improve after the first shave and then perform consistently shave after shave, until I change the blade out of boredom rather than necessity. So, they work well for me, but I like using vintage products, I am not too demanding when it comes to blades and, like I say, I have over 600 of them 😄

20220905_105537.jpg

I lucked into a parcel of over 600 of these and the first few I tried, from the same tuck, were dull and tuggy, especially on the first pass, but subsequent tucks have been much better. I would judge them as an unremarakble, medium sharp, solid workhorse, perhaps like an Astra. They improve after the first shave and then perform consistently shave after shave, until I change the blade out of boredom rather than necessity. So, they work well for me, but I like using vintage products, I am not too demanding when it comes to blades and, like I say, I have over 600 of them 😄

View attachment 1711282
Thank you for your response, I use vintage blades a lot myself mostly Wilkinson sword from England

EclipseRedRing

Could you Please provide more info on the Musk A.S. Thanks
Hi, it is vintage Shulton Musk For Men Cologne Lotion, product ID 3486, released in 1974. This specific product was discontinued in 1980 although other Shulton Musk products continued until around 1991. To my nose Shulton Musk is basically Old Spice with a slight musk scent. Mix 75% Old Spice with 25% Jovan Musk and you will be close I think. It is hard to find now and getting expensive.

20230902_154205~3.jpg

20230902_154226~2.jpg

Hi, it is vintage Shulton Musk For Men Cologne Lotion, product ID 3486, released in 1974. This specific product was discontinued in 1980 although other Shulton Musk products continued until around 1991. To my nose Shulton Musk is basically Old Spice with a slight musk scent. Mix 75% Old Spice with 25% Jovan Musk and you will be close I think. It is hard to find now and getting expensive.

View attachment 1711443
View attachment 1711442
Thank you for the reply. I appreciate it a lot...

View attachment 1711282
And still going strong evidently.

Jewel Blade - A Rich History In Blade Manufacturing - https://www.jewelblade.com/company.php

The information on your packaging seem to date them post 1979 from the website. 1980's manufacture I assume.

They are well positioned to re-launch a DE blade range based on their present manufacturing profile. It would be nice to see a UK blade again.

Last edited:
And still going strong evidently.

Jewel Blade - A Rich History In Blade Manufacturing - https://www.jewelblade.com/company.php

The information on your packaging seem to date them post 1979 from the website. 1980's manufacture I assume.

They are well positioned to re-launch a DE blade range based on their present manufacturing profile. It would be nice to see a UK blade again.
It would be fantastic to see de blades from England on par with vintage Wilkinson sword

EclipseRedRing

I did the same detective work and reached the same conclusions; we would make a good team:

MV5BNjA5NDJkMmItNWE3NC00OWU1LWFhNjAtMjc0MDk3YmI0ZGFlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA0MTM5NjI2._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg

I'll be Starsky - he looks like a Fabergé Brut guy 🤣 I picture Hutch as a Blue Stratos user. Could be worse, we could be Cagney and Lacey 😆

Top Bottom