What's new

Society Of the Red Tip

Have an affinity for the Super Speed Red Tip? I know I do! If you enjoy the nice, semi-aggressive shave of a vintage Red Tip, post yours here, and if you like, feel free to put "SORT" in your signature.

I'll get things kicked off with my '56...

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty much an OC guy. I own 2 safety bar razors, a weber and my great uncle's red tip. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I use it every so often and am always happy with the results. Let's see if I have a picture.
$gus.jpg
All I have is one of his red tip & mug.

A wonderful razor once you find the proper blade for it. I wasn't impressed with my two at first, but I now can respect the shave they give me.

I've posted before that my RedTip is one of my top two razors. Works great with mild blades like Polsilver SI, Astra, assorted 7 o'clocks, and Voskhods. Mine leaves me with a few weepers if I toss a Feather in it but it's still a nice shave ( just a bit of AS burn on the back end).

I'm a fan of all the Super Speeds that I've tried, but the Red Tip is my favorite of them. Here is a pic of my '56 B-2. I also have 2 '55s I'll try to get a pic up of them soon.
DSCF0023.JPG

B1 & B2 Luv em!! I won't say it's every day, but every time I pick one up it's instantly my favorite razor. Easily my favorite TTO. For me it's better than the Fatboy or Slim, less complicated, more to the point. With a Lab Blue and great lather, it's BBS every time. Gotta support the Red Tip, I'm in.

Fed my Red Tip a Nacet and it was a great combo, I will have to get out my super speeds to see if this blade will be what it takes for me to use them.

The Nacet was a big disappointment in my Gillette NEW.

The Red Tip will now be in my rotation.

Very nice combo! The Nacet Platinums are a great blade for this razor. The 7 o'clock Super Platinums and Shark Super Chromes are stellar too.

Fed my Red Tip a Nacet and it was a great combo, I will have to get out my super speeds to see if this blade will be what it takes for me to use them.

The Nacet was a big disappointment in my Gillette NEW.

The Red Tip will now be in my rotation.

First time using Derby shave stick, long time since I used my Red tip. Great shave.

Attachments

• 9BDC4C15-99D9-4287-8C67-BE91BBE093E1.jpeg
    9BDC4C15-99D9-4287-8C67-BE91BBE093E1.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
Top Bottom