What's new

Soaps you use sparingly, for when they're gone…

...They are gone!
AF4E42E6-E10A-4B38-928D-8B8C37EE13DC.jpeg

I understand the concept of 3017'ing a soap. I've done it. What about the ones you pull out rarely or on special occasions? The Old Spice, I haven't even used, which is stupid. If I was going to sell it, I would have sold it. To not shave with it is a waste and I'm cheating myself out of the experience. Strop Shoppe is gone; yes I want the soap to last forever. But that's stupid too.

Anyone else hanging on to a favorite soap?

Last edited:

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have a habit of using first the products which I like the least, so most of the time I use an aftershave or soap that I do not especially care for while my favourites sit on the shelf. Madness. That said, I use my vintage Yardley, Cedarwood, and Old Spice soaps rarely as they seem like more of a treat that way. I very rarely use my Fabergé Brut shaving soap because I have never seen another.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Soap: Razorock Lavender, nice masculine scent, excellent lather qualities! Razorock discontinued it for the lack of sales .
I used almost 2 tubs up and 1 in the freezer vacuum sealed.

DE SOTD, June 30th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Here's my list of "out of production" soaps. They will be 3017'd when their turn comes up, except for the P.160. That one will be divided into a few 3017 blocks; I've already done the "3017 a kilo of P.160" thing once before and that took a few years. :letterk1:

- Art of Shaving Lemon (old formula)
- Honeybee's Bamboo Teak
- Honeybee's Oakmoss
- P.160 Tipo Duro
- Saint Charles Shave Fairway
- Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime <------Currently being 3017'd

I have a habit of using first the products which I like the least, so most of the time I use an aftershave or soap that I do not especially care for while my favourites sit on the shelf. Madness. That said, I use my vintage Yardley, Cedarwood, and Old Spice soaps rarely as they seem like more of a treat that way. I very rarely use my Fabergé Brut shaving soap because I have never seen another.
I have the same habit with my tools. I always figure that if I have duplicates and have to store one, I shouldn't use up valuable storage space storing crap, and if I lose or wear out a tool I'd rather it be the crappy one. The result is that I'm normally using my crappiest tools.

Top Bottom