What's new

Soap so strong I use only a certain brush and no others, How about you?

Of all my soaps, Speick is so strong that it leaves a heavy scent on my brush so that when using a different soap the next day I can still smell it on top of the current soap. I have ended up dedicating my badger to be used with Speick only. The boar and horse brushes are used with everything else as the smells washes out completely. Does anyone else do this?

I have never run into this problem. I do find the scent of soap and creams lingers in my brushed, but goes away once I lather another soap or cream. If this really bothers you, you might want to was your brush with a small amount of uncented shampoo after each use. That does seem like a lot of work though.

I find that some of the bay rum soaps, that are heavy on the clove, tend to linger in the brush. Nothing that would lead me to use a separate brush, but I understand what you are saying.

It occurred to me too the other day.

When I picked my brush to shave the next day it clearly, and from afar too, smelled like Opus 1870.

I don't know if I appreciate it or not. I think I don't. Opus 1870 smells like pepper. The next day I'll use a lavender based cream and don't wish for the two to mix.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Some artisan soaps I tried were so strong they had me hiding my good brushes. Speick, no.

Top Bottom