What's new

Soap Samples Arrived Today

Got my sample soaps from The Shave Den today:
  • Tabac
  • Taylor Sandlewood
  • T&H Ultimate

Tried the Tabac tonight. Totally awesome. Gonna be hard to beat.

1 down, 2 to go.

This is definitely gonna cost me some dollars when I'm finished with the samples. So many soaps, so little time.

I gave into the hype.. I tried my dad's tabac SS and wow! the lather on that thing beats my col conks but the scent would take getting used to..

Cheers:thumbup:

Nice! I use Tabac too, and love it. Behind Proraso cream, Tabac is my favorite. I've been wanting to try the other two you mentioned. I hear so much good stuff about the TOBS Sandalwood. I picked up the TOBS Avocado only because it had good reviews and I was disappointed with the smell. I don't know what I was thinking, Avocado doesn't really sound too appealing but I went with the general consensus. It provides great hydrating lather though and makes face feel great but you will have to let me know how the Sandalwood is! :cool:

Tonight was the Taylor's Sandlewood. If I eliminate the fragrance difference, I would not be able to tell the difference between Taylor's and Tabac. Both have exceptional lather weight, lubrication, closeness of shave, and ease of whipping it up.

Taylor's Sandlewood also has a "sweetish" scent, somewhat similar to Tabac, but not as sweet. Taylor's has slightly more spice notes than Tabac. Both are outstanding soaps.

Tomorrow night, T&H Ultimate.

Too bad I only have to shave once a day. I dread the day when these 3 samples run out and I have to actually pick one. It's already a hard choice between Tabac and Taylors. I know, you guys would say just get one of each and swap out, but hey, that means I'll have over two years worth of soap. This is complicated. :huh:

Slightly off topic, but curious how long it took for your order to arrive. Mine has been "processing" for 3 days.

Thanks

Slightly off topic, but curious how long it took for your order to arrive. Mine has been "processing" for 3 days.

Thanks

Mine took a while, but I also got some of the TSD samples, which are made to order, it sounds like. They shipped about a week after I ordered.

curious how long it took for your order to arrive. Mine has been "processing" for 3 days.
I've ordered samples twice from them. It appears that they fill the orders over the weekend and mail them out on Mondays.

Used the T&H Ultimate. Perhaps slightly less thickness than the other two (but that could be attributed to simply a daily difference in me whipping up the lather), and of course difference fragrance. You won't go wrong with any of the three. Now it's time to cycle back through the group and see which one I actually re-order.

Used the T&H Ultimate ... Now it's time to cycle back through the group and see which one I actually re-order.

If you decide to go with the T&H Luxury, I humbly suggest you consider the Vintage Blades triple-milled as a virtual copy at half the price. There is more information here:

Vintage Blades = T&H Ultimate

Chris' review is excellent and thorough. He actually gave me the very same puck that he used in his review, and I have been using it pretty much every other day for the past two weeks. It's DEFINITELY a winner. A puck can be had for $12 and the puck/bowl for $24 or something like that.

Top Bottom