What's new

soap or cream

(i know it's been asked before, but prefer a new thread rather than reviving a years old thread)😉,my question is probably aimed more at those members who live in a hot climate,whilst thinking about my bag packing for my month in Crete,where im out on the beach every day, is a soap or a cream best for packing in luggage, i was thinking that a cream may be more hydrating for a month in the sun, hence why i wondered what members who live in a hot climate actually prefer, would it be soap or cream or does it make no real difference🪒,cheers👍🏼😉

linty1

My wallet cries.
I think it were me I would just pack what I liked, and then pack a sunscreen that I liked in the checked (in a plastic bag in case it blows) lugguage and the sunscreen would double as a hydrator/moisturizer. The key is to find a sunscreen that works for you, I like ones that aren't greasy feeling. Ones that say "matte" tend to work for me. The Aveeno one is nice.

I don't think sun effects performance of soaps or creams. Maybe if we talk about direkt exposure to really high temperatures, it could turn some soaps or creams rancid.

If you wan't cream or soap that will offer hydration and protection from the sun then...DON'T. Find a sunscreen that agrees with your skin and hydrating balm or cream. I would not rely on shaving product to shield my skin from the sun.

First, enjoy your vacation. If I’m going for 30 days I’m bringing one of each that work well/smell nice for a beach environment. Something cooling or citrusy.

In that situation, I usually travel with either a shave stick or a small tube of cream.

I'd probably take a tube of Speick cream and shave in the evening before going out. Use about a dime-size bit of cream and face lather with a small synthetic brush. Refreshing.

I lived in Florida for 15 years and what I learned from that is:

1. When you’re going to be out in the heat, it’s best to go with the razor and cream/soap that provides the best protection, because any skin irritation is going to be magnified once you start to sweat. Top end soaps give me the best shave protection, but of course YMMV

2. Shave in the evening if at all possible, this way your skin won’t be irritated before heading out into the heat.

Enjoy your vacation

Top Bottom