What's new

Soap Like Latha?

Now that B&M has discontinued Latha, I'd like to find another soap that's close to it. The big keys about Latha for me are: The face feel is amazing. So soft and silky feeling after I'm done. The slickness is quite good, and it's very easy to build a lather.

When I get lucky Mike's Natural Soap seems to be nearly as good in face feel, but I can't consistently get that feel. PAA's soap formula is at least as soft (in the tub) as Latha. It also lathers insanely easily and has fantastic face feel. But the post shave feel isn't nearly as good as Latha.

I think it's the tallow that does it. Anyone have suggestions for something nearly as good?

Brian.

I’m my humble opinion MWF and Tabac should easily fill the void.
MWF has as good of a post shave feel that you will find. And Tabac, it’s simply great at everything.
67904D08-B651-42FF-8A26-9F725CDCE922.jpeg
62DFB297-D363-4E5A-9C3F-E232AD91B234.jpeg

The first time I used Black Ship Grooming’s ‘Shipwreck Cove’ soap I immediately thought of Latha Oceana. It’s the only soap of theirs I’ve used so far so I can’t speak to the rest of their soaps. Maybe someone on here will echo my sentiments. Or call me crazy. :)

The first time I used Black Ship Grooming’s ‘Shipwreck Cove’ soap I immediately thought of Latha Oceana.

ooohhhhh yes yes yes !!! PLEASE please if anyone knows something similar to the smell of Latha Oceana please post it here, i love that "day at the beach" type scent. i saw in a recent thread someone mentioned that Stone Cottage - Hesperide smelled like it. thread link - Stone Cottage Hesperide - Review

if there are any other shaving soaps or aftershaves with that Oceana scent i'd love to know. please post them.

the wife and i found a really super awesome big fancy bath/bar soap called "Wavetree & London - Beach" that's like the most perfect beach smell i've sniffed yet. it's australian and loaded with shea butter and all kinds of good stuff.

Last edited:
ooohhhhh yes yes yes !!! PLEASE please if anyone knows something similar to the smell of Latha Oceana please post it here, i love that "day at the beach" type scent. i saw in a recent thread someone mentioned that Stone Cottage - Hesperide smelled like it. thread link - Stone Cottage Hesperide - Review

if there are any other shaving soaps or aftershaves with that Oceana scent i'd love to know. please post them.

the wife and i found a really super awesome big fancy bath/bar soap called "Wavetree & London - Beach" that's like the most perfect beach smell i've sniffed yet. it's australian and loaded with shea butter and all kinds of good stuff.
Declaration grooming icarus? That thing really smells like the beach to me.

The Latha Sandalwood was great too even though it wasn't sandalwood, it was more like fresh cherries, i'd just look at the red label and think of cherry candies instead... and have a grand ol' time.

sorry i didn't mean to derail the thread to focusing on scent....the original poster was really asking about similar performance to Latha.

i already have a small stockpile of various latha samples, probably enough to last me a few years the way i rotate thru other brands/scents based on the seasons and the weather LOL. Italian Barber does still have the full sizes if you wanna stock up also.

Last edited:
Top Bottom