What's new

So what's your favorite "Barbershop" scent?

I am new to the wet shaving arena and I have found that I absolutely love the barbershop scents such as Pinaud’s Clubman and Bayrum. So, I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to the old school scents.

Please post your favorite old school after-shave and where it can be found.

S

Sam

Good call on the Jeris. I wonder if you could use it as an aftershave. I much prefer it to the Clubman aftershave just on the smell alone.

I don't know if this sounds odd, but the Brut aftershave balm reminds me of the barbershop I always went to when growing up....so to me, that's "old school barbershop" scent.

Now, I don't know if that is b/c they might have used Brut products all the time, or if it is b/c Brut smells like talcum powder, which they always would use (putting it on the back of people's necks after getting a haircut)....I think it's probably the latter.

I am new to the wet shaving arena and I have found that I absolutely love the barbershop scents such as Pinaud’s Clubman and Bayrum. So, I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to the old school scents.

Please post your favorite old school after-shave and where it can be found.

I don't hate them per se, but don't forget others are gonna be able to smell you too. And for some it's quite a turn off. If you are young man some people might take you for quite a freak. Just keep these thing in mind after showering yourself in Pinaud.:cool:

I don't hate them per se, but don't forget others are gonna be able to smell you too. And for some it's quite a turn off. If you are young man some people might take you for quite a freak. Just keep these thing in mind after showering yourself in Pinaud.:cool:

Lucky for me the opposite is true for my girlfriend. :wink:

As a scotsman had never heard of clubman until i joined the forum 3 months ago, bought pinuad 2 weeks and i am hooked, splash it on when ever i get the opportunity, love the scent, have not tried the bay rum would anyone like to trade for any of the british boots aftershaves which would be new to ourselves:biggrin:

I don't know if this sounds odd, but the Brut aftershave balm reminds me of the barbershop I always went to when growing up....so to me, that's "old school barbershop" scent.

Now, I don't know if that is b/c they might have used Brut products all the time, or if it is b/c Brut smells like talcum powder, which they always would use (putting it on the back of people's necks after getting a haircut)....I think it's probably the latter.

I think Pinaud Clubman, smells alot like Brut (or is it the other way around?). Anyway Clubman gets my nod here.

Top Bottom