What's new

So this is what we get in Sweden?

I went to COOP, the Swedish equivalent of WalMart, today, and found this badger hair brush. It seems they have changed from the Chinese Eterna brand of boar hair shaving brushes, and now have this, which is either "Beauty Needs", as per the price tag, or "Basic Care" if you go by the plastic bag it comes in. They have a somewhat cheaper boar bristle version of this brush as well.

The knot seems to be very thin, not much over 1 cm diameter, and it looks pretty floppy. Seems to be "best badger" quality, with the hair cut to shape. So, prickly and floppy. Still, you might do worse for 79 SEK.

The boar bristle version was 50 SEK.

My uneducated guess is that this is still a Chinese made shaving brush. This is more or less the only cheap shaving brush around in Sweden, that I know of.

/Nicholas

I am compassionate and will suggest a trade. Since you are in Sweden, and I am in the US; surround me with hot blondes, and I will surround you with cheap brushes.

Sound fair?

:biggrin1:

Seriously...

Looks cheap and nasty but at 79 kronor (about US$11.50) it's probably OK to use, abuse and ditch after 6 months or so.

My guess is that most guys who buy them will only use them to "paint on" foam from a can anyway, so they don't need much in the way of quality for that... But yes, use, abuse and throw away after 6 months (when you have bought a nicer brush online) seems ideal.

If you spend 8 times as much, you'll get a brush that's twice as nice (or if the ends of this brush are clipped, probably 4X as nice...)

Not a bad deal for a usable brush.

Top Bottom