What's new

So I got 3 soaps

Well, this forum is bad influence. I already had 2 proraso tub, totally satisfied. Then one day I happened to order 2 other and get one as a present.

I bought a Haslinger SCHAFMILCH and a Tabac, based on the feedback here. But the biggest surprise to me was getting a Pereira shaving cream with activated charcoal as a gift. I tried the Haslinger today, and it was nice. I hope I get to like them all, but I already know that the Proraso soaps will remain unused for some months.

My soap quantity will last me 2 years with these soaps. I don't feel well in this. Too much. Too many soaps to try.

Nice haul!!

Schafmilch is one of my all-time favorites!! I suggest you use MORE water; it is very thirsty!! :a14::a14::a14:

Nice haul!!

Schafmilch is one of my all-time favorites!! I suggest you use MORE water; it is very thirsty!! :a14::a14::a14:

You are totally right in your suggestion. It dried my boar brush. More water and then the leather restarted to be build again.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Sounds like the SAD is closing in on you. The rabbit hole is approaching, beware of the fall.:001_tongu

Nice to keep yourself in check.

I broke down and went crazy when I went to Pasteur's in NYC. I had to go back 2 more times!!!!

I now have 91 different scents, 31 are Stirling, 3 Nuavia(Blu, Rosa, Verde) and all but one SV!!!

Ahhh but it is nice not having the same scent for 3 months!!

Being Italian and shaving daily, this will not last that long....

Still searching for some Grooming Dept and maybe add a MdC...

There are lot's available. If you review this board you can find something that may interest you. Maggards
Shaving is a vendor here that has a big selection. I just posted about a soap I really like, Long Rifle Soaps,
10 bucks for a 3oz tin. You can find plenty of soaps in the $15.00 range that are just as good as $25.00 soaps. I prefer tallow soaps but do have some non tallow offerings, a few from Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements. The Italian Barber has
quite a few soaps, both vegan and tallow that are really inexpensive that are worth a try. Stirling soaps are highly rated although I find the scents too artificial, great performance though. Maggards has a house brand that is really good that are made by an artisan located close to them. Then again, you have two highly rated soaps in Haslinger and Tabac. Good luck and let us know what you find.
EDIT: There is a recent thread with inexpensive soap suggestions that has a lot of input. Thread started by Whiskers, soaps under $15.00 with vendor links

Last edited:
If you want to explore various scents without making the financial commitment of full soap containers, look for soapmakers who offer samples. Over the past few weeks, I have ordered a number of samples. I have so many soaps that I ran out of room to store them, so samples is a way to try more soaps without overloading my cabinet. Because of the packaging costs of samples, the cost per ounce is higher. Samples are also a good way to minimize risk of a product or scent you are not quite sure about.

Many soapmakers offer samples or sample packs on their own web sites. Others rely on larger vendors such as Maggards and West Coast Shaving to be their distributors.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Well, this forum is bad influence. I already had 2 proraso tub, totally satisfied. Then one day I happened to order 2 other and get one as a present.

I bought a Haslinger SCHAFMILCH and a Tabac, based on the feedback here. But the biggest surprise to me was getting a Pereira shaving cream with activated charcoal as a gift. I tried the Haslinger today, and it was nice. I hope I get to like them all, but I already know that the Proraso soaps will remain unused for some months.

My soap quantity will last me 2 years with these soaps. I don't feel well in this. Too much. Too many soaps to try.

People aren't kidding when they say they have enough soap to last until 3018.

upload_2018-8-24_18-28-4.png

Guys, as I have read here, I admit that Tabac and Haslinger are really great soaps.

But this one from Pereiras , which is a bit expensive but thanks God it was a gift, is really special. I can say that is a bit similar to Tabac but without the scent.

IMG_20180823_091020-picsay.jpg

Guys, as I have read here, I admit that Tabac and Haslinger are really great soaps.

But this one from Pereiras , which is a bit expensive but thanks God it was a gift, is really special. I can say that is a bit similar to Tabac but without the scent.

View attachment 908251

I had never heard about Pereiras. Is this the black soap with the activated charcoal? How does it perform?

@albsat

Stirling has sample pucks for $2.95 and there are some, including myself, that have gotten up to 30 shaves per sample!! They are 1 oz pucks and Stirling soaps punch way above there modest prices. I have 4 tubs in my rotation and have been since early 2017 and I'm sure will last into 2019 for sure. Proven to be one of the best bang for your buck Artisan lines in the industry, not to mention all the ingredients in them that are good for your skin...

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

Trying and buying soaps is a slippery slope!

proxy.php

Talk about an elephant in the room.

Anyway, you have two choices.
  1. Stick with the soaps you already have if you like them replacing them as necessary.
  2. Buy more and more soaps until you run out of storage space for them. Spent all your money and max out your credit cards. Have your wife leave you and take the kids. Have enough soap to last a long, long time.
4018 forget 3018..png

You'll soon have enough soaps to last a century, but that won't stop you.

upload_2018-8-29_10-3-19.png

No one has devised a third choice.

proxy.php

Don't trust anybody saying they have.

You may think I'm telling you to quit buying soaps.

EnablersRUs.LetsNotAvoidGettingCarriedAway.jpg

Quite the contrary.

We need at least a few hundred soaps in order to study them, right?

Happy shaves,

Jim

1. Buy more and more soaps until you run out of storage space for them. Spent all your money and max out your credit cards. Have your wife leave you and take the kids. Have enough soap to last a long, long time.
View attachment 908384
You'll soon have enough soaps to last a century, but that won't stop you.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Yep, sounds like a good plan to me? Does anyone else see any problems with that?

Top Bottom