What's new

Smoothest cream suggestions?

I'm liking TOBS Jermyn St, Nancy Boy Replenishing, and Duke Canon at the moment. May try some of that Body Shop Maca root soon....lots of good reviews on that one.

Dude, that's sort of like asking for the best baseball player! So many great choices!
get a sample shipment from Garry, or Brad Maggard, and do some testing!
I guarantee you'll enjoy!

+1 So many great choices. Right now I'd say give TOBS St. James a try. It is wonderful. Jermyn St. is wonderful too, but then so is T&H Trafalgar. This morning I shaved with AoS Ocean Kelp and it is a great cream.

Can we say YMMV?!!!!!!!!

My wife gave me a partially used bottle of St. Ives body wash she didn't care for. It seemed way to classy for me to shower with. It felt slippery, so I tried to lather it -- way too thin to shave with. So, I addded some Kiss My Face (Mint, I think) and that was a definite improvement. Then I added the bottom third of a tube of Cremo Cream and what was left of a bottle of HeadSlick. The resulting mixture is really pretty good. So, I'm using up 4 products I wasn't using individually, and I'm getting very decent shaves in the process. Waste not, want not...

My wife gave me a partially used bottle of St. Ives body wash she didn't care for. It seemed way to classy for me to shower with. It felt slippery, so I tried to lather it -- way too thin to shave with. So, I addded some Kiss My Face (Mint, I think) and that was a definite improvement. Then I added the bottom third of a tube of Cremo Cream and what was left of a bottle of HeadSlick. The resulting mixture is really pretty good. So, I'm using up 4 products I wasn't using individually, and I'm getting very decent shaves in the process. Waste not, want not...

Way to Magyver an excellent cream. :lol:

In all seriousness though, that's awesome.

I was absolutely blown away by the smoothness and slickness of The Body Shop Maca shave cream.

Maca Root from The Body Shop.

And for less than $4 try a tube of Nivea. It's great stuff.

Both are good, Body Shop is a better product but Nivea is generally cheaper, but there are always huge sales on Body Shop items. You can certainly try both for very little money and you won't be disappointed.

Another low cost and excellent value for the price cream is Real Shaving Company. This is very similar to TOBS but not quite as good and doesn't smell nearly as nice but still is a very well respected, high performing cream.

Both are good, Body Shop is a better product but Nivea is generally cheaper, but there are always huge sales on Body Shop items. You can certainly try both for very little money and you won't be disappointed.

Another low cost and excellent value for the price cream is Real Shaving Company. This is very similar to TOBS but not quite as good and doesn't smell nearly as nice but still is a very well respected, high performing cream.

Also the body shop always offer you little free samples, and they are quite generous with them. I sampled it before I bought a tub and it was more than enough for a couple shaves.

Maca Root & Biotique Palmyra, any cream can be made slicker with additional water, these two accommodate that extra water without losing much density/cushion.

The Body Shop Maca Root, Art of Shaving Ocean Kelp, Castle Forbes Lime, and all Nancy Boy creams are the slickest that I own and are all great.

Knockout Shave is the slickest, most protective cream I've ever tried. It's actually a base of Al's Shaving Cream, and Knockout adds their own scents; so I guess that means that Al's is just as good (though I haven't tried it). The Citrus of Paradise is a great, bright scent.

Aside from those - TOBS Eton College has the great TOBS performance and awesome scent. GFT Coconut has a mild scent and is very slick and protective. Veleiro and Top Secret are Portuguese creams that both contain lanolin, so they're slick and protective and have a great post-shave feel. Veleiro is a "marine" scent - kind of reminds me of Nautica. Top Secret is floral, kind of like a mild lilac scent.

I'm normally a soap guy, but the creams that I've named here will always have a spot in my rotation because they are all great.

Bought some of the Body Shop Maca Root cream......pretty good stuff. Went with my wife and it was buy any 2 and get the 3rd item free. I had to agree to buy the 2 (although one was for her) so she could get the one free.

So many great choices. Experimenting with samples is always the best move, but if I had to recommend something, I'd go with TOBS Mr. Taylor or T&H Ultimate Comfort. But in all honesty, pretty much anything from TOBS, T&H, Trumpers, or Harris is going to be nice and slick. Now if you REALLY want something smooth, I suggest trying some top shelf artisan soaps like Strop Shoppe or Mike's. I use them all and a well done tallow soap like Mike's is my go to.

+1 TOBS and Trumpers are slick - great scents as well.

I'm on a Macca root kick at the moment, superb cream and great value on sale
Really glad I tried this cream

Although it is hard to find, the I Coloniali is the slickest cream in my cupboard. T&H Ultimate Comfort and Nancy Boy used to share the top spot, but the I Coloniali surpasses them.

Tried the Maca Root. Noticed two things:

1. It is MUCH slicker than Proraso White, at first. Felt amazing!
2. It dries out real quick on my face.

Like many things, I'm going to assume it's user error. For those of you shaving with this, how much do you shake out your brush before swirling it in this?

Top Bottom