What's new

Smiles PIF

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Good morning all ,
I have a few Smiles to give away.
This started with a post that I put up in the Brush making and restoration section of B&B.
Some of you know that I make
custom wood Shaving Brushes
and I had posted a picture of a few handles that I had been working on.
A good Friend made a comment about one of the handles that wasn't quite done yet. 00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200331114619930_COVER.jpg
I told him that it had his name on it and asked him what type of knot did he want me to set in it.
Then this Friend , you know him as @never-stop-learning asked
How many knots did I need ?
:) I don't sell any of My brushes I like to give them away for a Smile :)
As a few of you guys know I will ask you to send me the knot of your choice and I will make you a Brush again for a Smile 😁.
So @never-stop-learning (David) counted the number of partially finished handles in the picture and said that he would like to help me make others smile also.
This is what he sent IMG_20200411_154915.jpg
Even Milton from Turn n Shave
helped out and through in a extra knot , another :) All knots are synthetic ,26mm Full moon or Silver Synthetic
So we will be giving away Smiles
for the next few weeks.00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200413182638970_COVER.jpg :)
So this is what you have to do
Tell me if you are in
1) Be a member of B&B with a minimum of 50 post
2) Tell me that you need a Smile and you can enter once.
3)If you are a first responder
Medical personnel ,Police, Fire,EMT or active duty Military personnel.
You can enter your name twice.
4) Front line worker and part of the supply chain , Trucker , Grocery store and so on, you can also enter your name twice.
5) Be located in the Continental USA or Canada .
I will use a random number generator on Friday night and pick the first of 2 winners.
We will do this all again for the next few weeks.
Here's a picture of the brush for David 00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200409162715590_COVER.jpg that started this collaboration of @never-stop-learning and myself.
And Make us Smile 😁

And here's the first 2 Brushes
For Smiles 😁
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200414054535661_COVER.jpg

Last edited:
They look awesome and it's something I would love to throw my name in to get. But truth be told I would appreciate the craftsmanship of it more than it's use as a brush. So don't include me in this. But your post did give me a big smile seeing someone do this.

Stay safe out there and don't forget to smile!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
You guys are great and have already made me smile many times over. While I'm part of the supply chain, I am not in! I want to see others smile as much as I have. God Bless you guys.

Adam

Not in, but I think what you are doing is fantastic! You are about to make someone very happy. Your generosity will be greatly appreciated. Beautiful brushes. Smiles all around for years to come! Be well and be safe...

I will never turn down an opportunity to add another one of your brushes to my collection. I could use a smile as even though I am a high risk and not supposed to be out I am still working as I am the IT department for an ambulance company. I have to keep all of the navigation computers inside the ambulances working. I have to keep the computers the EMT's use on scene working. I am jumping in ambulances that transported COVID patients to make sure the EMT'S have the equipment they need. Since they dont get a break I dont get a break. I have to do everything I can to protect myself I have an autoimmune disease and if I get this virus well I dont want to start thinking about that. I just want to make sure the EMT's can do their job right.

Wow thats is some craftsmanship!

I need a smile! So I am in!

They tell me I am considered “essential” so I am still working, but I am not exactly on the frontlines so I’ll throw my name once and give more chance to others, thanks gentlemen!

I have always admired your brushes from afar and unfortunately, I am part of the 2020 Sabbatical which I believe eliminates me from the PIF. Your brushes are amazing.

Even though I am not in the PIF, I hope this will make you smile. My wife is a middle school band teacher, a very talented teacher indeed. With all this time with the two of us at home, I thought it would be a good time to learn an instrument, so yesterday, I had my first alto saxophone lesson with my new teacher, Mrs. It's Hedley. My poor neighbors (I live in a condo with neighbors all around)! I can only get better, right?!

Wishing you all a great Tuesday.

Last edited:

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I will never turn down an opportunity to add another one of your brushes to my collection. I could use a smile as even though I am a high risk and not supposed to be out I am still working as I am the IT department for an ambulance company. I have to keep all of the navigation computers inside the ambulances working. I have to keep the computers the EMT's use on scene working. I am jumping in ambulances that transported COVID patients to make sure the EMT'S have the equipment they need. Since they dont get a break I dont get a break. I have to do everything I can to protect myself I have an autoimmune disease and if I get this virus well I dont want to start thinking about that. I just want to make sure the EMT's can do their job right.
Sounds like you need to enter another post 😀

I am In , thank you for this , essential worker in GA I work for a county that in the beginning gave us extra vacation time for working , after 2 weeks they said it wasn't viable to keep doing that so the county manager took it away. All the admins and higher ups are working from home or working split shifts and getting paid. I'm in 40 hrs a week as usual and to top it off the Loth got furloughed after 22 yrs at her job . I need a smile . I have always admired the famous Graydog brushes .

Respectfully not in, as I am sure there are other B&B'ers who deserve this incredible PIF more than I do.
But, WOW !!!! --- this is really an incredible PIF ! Thank You Graydog.
And yes indeed, we all need to smile. :a14::a14::a14::a14::a14: Stay safe and healthy !!

I would like a smile. Your brush handles are outstanding. I have played with making handles on an upright drill press and it is "subpar" at best. It would be awesome to create rotation with your brush.

They say I am an essential worker. I work for an ISP that also does phone and CATV. We are a "fiber to the home" community so being a fiber broadband tech means right now that less fortunate folks need internet for their kids to do home work. We try to do as much as possible from the outside of the home when we can as most of the homes have had service before and you just try to walk them through hooking it up.

I don't feel this deserves an extra entry as this little bubble I live in hasn't really been effected by the RONA to be totally honest. We had one case in our town of about 9500 people. That person is cleared. I know there are more and about 70 miles away in Sioux Falls SD they had a packing plant get hit very hard. But really we are just waiting for it to get here.

KM

Top Bottom