What's new

Smallish Murse/Manbag/Messenger For Work

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Swiss Gear have a variety of laptop bags. I bought mine about 7 or 8 years ago. Simple and durable.

Mike, another good suggestion.

Going back to the slightly more expensive side, I found a company called nutsac(uh, yeah) that makes a bag nearly ideal for me. 80 dollars thiugh. If do a quick Goigle they are at the top of the search. Look at the ' it's a manbag dammit' model. Tempting.

Mac, that is a great idea and one I have already looked at. The Fishpond model I kike is a cool c note. A bloje at work has one and it is very durable and plenty manly. I just cannot pull the trigger on it. Not yet anyway. There are bound to be more economical choices out there. Your idea is very good.

Okay, next idea. In my neck of the woods one can find an Army Surplus Store. If such a thing does not exist where you reside, a Google search for army surplus bag or satchel may turn up something. Likewise, check the auction sites. Good luck, sir.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Someone mentioned 5.11 ... check out their bag offerings. Maybe a 2-banger would work?

You might look online for "fly fishing bags."

I did & turned up some nice, small, masculine bags.

Mac

proxy.php

Doc, the 2 Banger has real potential. It is at the very outside limit of how big I would want for my use. 5.11 is a very popular supplier of tac gear for a reason. Well made gear at decent prices. It is on the list.

I showed my wife and daughter a video of a Filson medium field bag and their eyes lit up as if to say; Christmas. I firmly told thrm my daily routine did not warrant a $250(small) to $295(medium) carry bag.

Don't get me wrong. Would I love to own one? Most certainly, yes. Do I think it would be somewhat foolish? Yes. I am a blue collar worker. The bag will be a part time accoutriment, not a mainstay. There are some nice options well under a c note. I am leaning towrd the 'it's a man bag dammit'.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I showed my wife and daughter a video of a Filson medium field bag and their eyes lit up as if to say; Christmas. I firmly told thrm my daily routine did not warrant a $250(small) to $295(medium) carry bag.

Don't get me wrong. Would I love to own one? Most certainly, yes. Do I think it would be somewhat foolish? Yes. I am a blue collar worker. The bag will be a part time accoutriment, not a mainstay. There are some nice options well under a c note. I am leaning towrd the 'it's a man bag dammit'.
Sometimes it’s nice to let people give you nice things.

So when the Filson shows up for Christmas, I recommend jumping up and down while shouting “WooHoo!!”

So when the Filson shows up for Christmas, I recommend jumping up and down while shouting “WooHoo!!”

I would indeed and be graciously thankful. However, I pretty firmly ensconced the notion to not do it. We've had a lot of unplanned for expense the last year and I am more than happy to forgo such a luxury. And it is a luxury to me.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I would indeed and be graciously thankful. However, I pretty firmly ensconced the notion to not do it. We've had a lot of unplanned for expense the last year and I am more than happy to forgo such a luxury. And it is a luxury to me.

Kudos to you for not ignoring the need to pinch pennies. In that case, one other suggestion I could make would be a pouch like this one ...

LARGE UTILITY POUCH - URBAN GRAY

This is an example rather than "buy this one specifically from this vendor", but you get the idea. I have this, actually, and it's not bad. Yeah, it's not Filson and you get what you pay for, more or less, but you don't have to pay for the fancy brand name or cachet of wearing a famous name.

There's plenty of cheap, made-in-China (it doesn't specify where it was made, but unless they say something different, I always assume China) kit like this out there ... decent enough and gets the job done.

Thanks Doc. That style is fairly close to what I had imagined might work.

Yeah, pinching pennies is necessary at times. I could squeeze by spending a c note but in honesty, it is not really needed.

Top Bottom