What's new

Alternative For Pipe Case?

My Murse is made by saddleback leather. They’re not cheap but have a 100yr guarantee. Heavy duty leather and no zippers etc that might break. This one is going on 11yrs of daily use and abuse. Their unofficial motto is “your kids will fight over it when you’re dead.”

They have great leather goods. I have a wallet that is over 10 years old and it looks almost new. It is literally a lifetime wallet.

I was so impressed with it that I bought my niece a leather bag as a graduation present when she finished her PhD. It's a beautiful bag, VERY sturdy, and a bit pricey, though I was disappointed to see the "Made in Mexico" label. I had assumed all their stuff was made in America. Still, a very nice bag.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
They have great leather goods. I have a wallet that is over 10 years old and it looks almost new. It is literally a lifetime wallet.

I was so impressed with it that I bought my niece a leather bag as a graduation present when she finished her PhD. It's a beautiful bag, VERY sturdy, and a bit pricey, though I was disappointed to see the "Made in Mexico" label. I had assumed all their stuff was made in America. Still, a very nice bag.
Their products have always been made in “Old Mexico.” The owners have done a lot for Leon, the city they’re based in. Leon, Mexico has a Leather working tradition dating back 100s of years. There’s a pretty interesting story on their website about how they got started.

Looking at all of the suggestions here, I think my solution might be the Maxpedition Fatty pack for the pipes and tools themselves and a nice messenger bag that I can carry a few books, notebooks, some pens/pencils and a tin or two of emergency tobacco rations in...

Looking at all of the suggestions here, I think my solution might be the Maxpedition Fatty pack for the pipes and tools themselves and a nice messenger bag that I can carry a few books, notebooks, some pens/pencils and a tin or two of emergency tobacco rations in...
I use the Fatty when traveling, it is great. Three pipes, a wad of cleaners, lighter, Cech tool, etc. Fits my lunch box when I feel the need to take a pipe to work too.

Yes, that's the Fatty.

Got my fatty. Here's my pile of stuff:

Two cobs
Two pocket jars
Pipe tool
Small baggie with filters and folded pipe cleaners
Spare Bic lighter
Zippo fuel canister

20231031_142427.jpg

...all stowed:

20231031_142459.jpg

...and secured:

20231031_142514.jpg

Perfect.

The jars limit the amount of tobacco and are a bit of extra bulk. I'm thinking a baggie (or two) with a few ounces of tobacco would be less bulky and use the space more efficiently...or maybe a pouch or two of your favorite codger blend.

Got my fatty. Here's my pile of stuff:

Two cobs
Two pocket jars
Pipe tool
Small baggie with filters and folded pipe cleaners
Spare Bic lighter
Zippo fuel canister

View attachment 1741445

...all stowed:

View attachment 1741444

...and secured:

View attachment 1741446

Perfect.

The jars limit the amount of tobacco and are a bit of extra bulk. I'm thinking a baggie (or two) with a few ounces of tobacco would be less bulky and use the space more efficiently...or maybe a pouch or two of your favorite codger blend.
I like ziplock type snack bags for pouching bulk pipe tobacco for imminent use.

Top Bottom