What's new

Smallish Murse/Manbag/Messenger For Work

Gents, I have taken a notion to carry the dreaded EDC bag to work. This is a trial for me. I am typically one who does NOT like lugging a bag around unless it is full of electrical maintenance tools.

I am a minimalist most times. Hip pocket wallet, folding knife with clip in other back pocket, small keyring on cloth fob on tbe belt tucked into front pocket. Mobile in other front pocket and not much else.

So the ruddy purse comes to mind. I will tell you straight away it needs to be a durable fabric. Someting I would not be afraid to put through the dishwasher if needs be. No fine leather needed. I carry a Veto Pro Pac MCT tool bag and it has D rings on it I could clip the bag to if I need to carry it wiith me right to the work. I work in some dirty areas at times and so the need to be able to clean it.

Okay, inventory dictates need as to size and shape. I would consider a 7 inch tablet, pocket novel for break times, one or two very small snack items, typical pens and pencils, note pad, and not a whole lot more. Possibly a small pen light.

My mind runs to a small horizontal style but a messenger that is narrow and taller up and down would work if you convince me. Needs a shoulder strap but if you look at some tool pouches they have a carry handle as well as the strap and it would be nice to have both. Particularly if they have quick clips. Then I could remove strap and atrach it to the Veto D rings with carabiners. Doesn't need to pretty or bulletproof.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The Patagonia stuff looks really nice. Still just a bit big for what I need.
Picky, picky, picky! Lol, just teasing, as I am watching this thread with GREAT interest, as I am now in the same boat as you are, my friend. Maybe I'll learn sumtin' here.... thanks.

FarmerTan

Hey, @Phog Allen , is your Avatar Robert Mitchum? Or is that a photo of you? If so, my 83 year old mother wants to meet you. That's why she married my dad, she says he was the closest thing she'd ever met to Mr Mitchum, lol.

No, that is the late, great Victor McLaglen. Think John Wayne westerns. He won the academy award for best actor in 1935 for his role as Gypo Nolan in The Informer. One of the best character actors ever. As a side note he was also Assistent Provost Marshal of Baghdad during WW1. Quite a man's man.

FarmerTan

No, that is the late, great Victor McLaglen. Think John Wayne westerns. He won the academy award for best actor in 1935 for his role as Gypo Nolan in The Informer. One of the best character actors ever. As a side note he was also Assistent Provost Marshal of Baghdad during WW1. Quite a man's man.
Thank you for the education. You are safe from my mother!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Ok, smarty pants! Now I need recommendations for a vest that I could pull off.....

That's easy ... 511 or Duluth Trading. Possibly Banana Republic.

We all carry phones. Many carry a firearm. Throw in smokes or what-have-you, and a vest is the only choice.

Too much stuff we carry ...

AA

FarmerTan

That's easy ... 511 or Duluth Trading. Possibly Banana Republic.

We all carry phones. Many carry a firearm. Throw in smokes or what-have-you, and a vest is the only choice.

Too much stuff we carry ...

AA
Amen! Never thought of Duluth Trading! I love their presentation jackets. I wear mine to the office, church, social occasions, etc. Anywhere the War Department would rather I didn't, lol.

A vest or waistcoat is not really what I want for this. I need something I can take along but not necesaarily be tied to the day long. Besides, I cannot imagjne pocketing a 7 inch tablet or thick paperback. Even if they are called pocket novels. Nah, just a small bag 10 to 12"L, 3 to 5"D, and 6 to 8" tall. Preferably with a clip on handle and strap. I will find something.

Last edited:
A vest or waistcoat is not really what I want for this. I need something I can take along but not necesaarily be tied to the day long.
How about a fanny pack?

proxy.php

View attachment 835967 https://www.filson.com/field-bag-small.html
This may blow your budget, but it’s a great bag. I’ve carried one almost daily for 10 years. Just getting broken in.

Hoka, Filson small field bag was the first thing I looked at. I love Filson products. I looked at one years ago and they ran about 150-175 dollars. Which was stiff enough. I was guessing 250 now and hit it on the nose. Yeah, for my needs and the risk of theft, it is way out of budget. I still want it though!

Hoka, Filson small field bag was the first thing I looked at. I love Filson products. I looked at one years ago and they ran about 150-175 dollars. Which was stiff enough. I was guessing 250 now and hit it on the nose. Yeah, for my needs and the risk of theft, it is way out of budget. I still want it though!
I got mine barely used off the Bay for something like 90-100.00. But that was like 10 years ago.

Top Bottom