What's new

Slickest Shaving Soap (or Cream)?

Don't go by me, but I wasn't too crazy about any of the samples. I ended up with the Unscented!lol

Okay gotcha. Scent is so subjective. I love her Irish Traveller but haven't smelled any of the others you listed. Her Sweet Brier is also an incredible scent in my opinion, if you like a pipe tobacco type of thing. Lily of the Valley is really nice too.

New favorite soap!
IMG-1439.jpg

So happy that Cold River Soap Works (CRSW) Glide formula is back in stock! I just ordered his Ethereal (Fougere)!
He also offers American Barbershop, Bergamot and Bay, and Jardin d'Orange.
If it's half as good as they say it is, I think we're in business ;)

1626810312428.png

Last edited:
So happy that Cold River Soap Works (CRSW) Glide formula is back in stock! I just ordered his Ethereal (Fougere)!
He also offers American Barbershop, Bergamot and Bay, and Jardin d'Orange.
If it's half as good as they say it is, I think we're in business ;)

CRSW (Gilde) could be the slickest soap I’ve used. The post shave was also amazing. My skin felt like it had a moisturizer on it. One problem - it stinks 😷 My bathroom still smelled like Old Spice the next day 😝
Larry? said he’s working on an unscented one. Sign me up 👍🏻

Last edited:
Just read about Omnibus 🤔
Is there any other scent besides Leviathan?
I prefer a lighter, fresher scent profile…like ZM Navigator. I usually try to get unscented, because it doesn’t matter how good a soap is, if it stinks 😷 I can’t use it. That’s what happened to CRSW Fougere…best soap I ever used and I can’t even open the lid.

Last edited:

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I prefer a lighter, fresher scent profile…like ZM Navigator. I usually try to get unscented, because it doesn’t matter how good a soap is, if it stinks 😷 I can’t use it. That’s what happened to CRSW Fougere…best soap I ever used and I can’t even open the lid.
Seville is your huckleberry.

Thanks but I tried samples of ye olde Seville and Chypre. Just not a fan of Barrister and Mann scents. I do like their Oceana, however. I just wasn’t overwhelmed with its performance. Could be user error. I think I will give it another go…

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Thanks but I tried samples of ye olde Seville and Chypre. Just not a fan of Barrister and Mann scents. I do like their Oceana, however. I just wasn’t overwhelmed with its performance. Could be user error. I think I will give it another go…

I used Oceana today. Not sure about their new Omnibus base, but the formula initially used in Oceana is thirsty. I start off with very little water and add a little bit at a time and work it up. It does end up creamy and slick...just needs a little more work than most soaps.

I have no firsthand experience with it myself, but of the B&M offerings that will eventually be sold in the Omnibus base, Cheshire sounds like it could be more to your liking. It's supposed to smell like Earl Grey tea. This will probably be the next B&M soap I try -- I've been curious about this scent for years.

Other lighter fresh scents I can recommend (from my own experience), none of these are aquatic scents mind you:
- Mike's Lime
- SV Felce Aromatica
- B&M Reserve Cool
- Haslinger Honey (more of a stretch, but it really just smells like lightly scented honeycomb)

Yeah wait for Omnibus to come out in either Cheshire or one of the reserve lines scents. I can't imagine anybody not liking reserve cool and reserve waves

Yeah wait for Omnibus to come out in either Cheshire or one of the reserve lines scents. I can't imagine anybody not liking reserve cool and reserve waves
Glad to hear Omnibus will be offered in more scents! Look forward to trying it!

Top Bottom