What's new

slant razor blade alignment

when using a slant bar razor, is there a correct way to align the blade? i've read in some places that it needs to be aligned with the cap. in others, people insist it should be aligned with the guard bar. any thoughts?

Cap. I tend to pull the blade by the tabs toward one bar or another as I tighten on a razor that has alignment play.

Cap. I tend to pull the blade by the tabs toward one bar or another as I tighten on a razor that has alignment play.
+1 By the cap. 37c and 39c are easy, but the Ikon is more difficult. With the Merkurs, I just load the blade cap down and with handle up screw it down. Seems to always fall in place.

Similar. Even by placing the cap threaded post up on a towel and dropping the razor onto it, sometimes I also have to twist the tabs a little bit. Once used to the Slant aligning it isn't hard.

The answer is definitely that you should align it with the cap, NOT parallel to the safety bar. This does not apply to the new RazoRock Stealth slant however, which seems to have been specifically designed to align with uneven blade exposure.

Top Bottom