What's new

Single edge razors that take half DE blades?

ended up ordering a Stando half DE razor. Made in poland, seems to be a newer company. looks great on paper and from the few reviews I've seen

I have two of the Prowe II OC. I like mine enough to get another one shortly after trying out the first one.
How did you find it as far as efficiency? On the Karve scale how would you rate it? On wicked edge on Reddit someone rated it between A and B plate and I'm using F and G plates mostly on my Karve razors. I messaged the owner Stanislaw and hopefully convinced him to consider a more aggressive version in the near future. He seems to think more people prefer mild razors. I mentioned this forum and that a lot of people actually prefer more aggressive razors.

SE-16. I have closed & open comb. Good shavers & very head-heavy. I use Perma-Sharps or Sharks. Blades are held by tension fit, and they are very secure.
Did you mean the SE-P, by any chance?
If so, I concur, they're very nice shavers.

How did you find it as far as efficiency? On the Karve scale how would you rate it? On wicked edge on Reddit someone rated it between A and B plate and I'm using F and G plates mostly on my Karve razors. I messaged the owner Stanislaw and hopefully convinced him to consider a more aggressive version in the near future. He seems to think more people prefer mild razors. I mentioned this forum and that a lot of people actually prefer more aggressive razors.
It isn't an aggressive razor, perhaps even mild, but I find it to be a reasonably efficient 2-3 pass razor for a few days worth of growth. The teeth are actually fairly wide (however, also fairly widely spaced), and on ~month of growth, those spots between the blade and the teeth get a little more difficult to rinse with thicker lather.
For what's it worth, if I wanted it to be more efficient, I'd probably use something like a shave gel or a thinner lather to make sure debris gets out of the way readily. Then again, I find most mild razors can be quite efficient once I manage to keep the sweet spot angle consistently and don't use lather that's very dense (I actually prefer a lather that's hydrated so much it just holds shape and feels like a wet towel on the face).

It isn't an aggressive razor, perhaps even mild, but I find it to be a reasonably efficient 2-3 pass razor for a few days worth of growth. The teeth are actually fairly wide (however, also fairly widely spaced), and on ~month of growth, those spots between the blade and the teeth get a little more difficult to rinse with thicker lather.
For what's it worth, if I wanted it to be more efficient, I'd probably use something like a shave gel or a thinner lather to make sure debris gets out of the way readily. Then again, I find most mild razors can be quite efficient once I manage to keep the sweet spot angle consistently and don't use lather that's very dense (I actually prefer a lather that's hydrated so much it just holds shape and feels like a wet towel on the face).
I was messaging him back and forth on Sunday and mentioned if he does look into a more aggressive version, I’d be a buyer. He seems to think most people prefer mild razors. I haven’t used a mild razor in 3-4 years now.

Mars (Modular Adjustable Razor System) Razor. It has 10 plates for each of a 1/2 DE blade and injector blades. Reasonably inexpensive. I find it gives a great shave once you’ve found the right plate for you.

The only two I have are the twig and the yaqi, both give excellent shaves, and as I only bought the yaqi head, quite a bargain razor. I have been reading this thread with interest as I quite like this style of razor.

Seems silly to use one edge, then throw out the blade. Buying a 1/2 blade razor can be spendy and there are limited choices.

Why not just use the edge marked 1 now, then the edge marked 2 on your next shave.

I got a Yaqi 1/2 blade razor head and it's OK but nothing exciting enough to even put into my razor rotation.

I do know that Above the Tie currently has a single edge in standard and open comb as well as a single edge slant version.
I love my ATT DE razor and I've been eyeing these.

I do know that Above the Tie currently has a single edge in standard and open comb as well as a single edge slant version.
I love my ATT DE razor and I've been eyeing these.
Pretty sure the ATT single edge razors do not take split DE blades or I would have bought one or both OC and Slant.

For my taste:
Twig not efficient enough, to the point that I actually pressed down aka: cart style.....not good
RR: I find it a bit aggressive, or maybe just a rough shaver
Yaqui: another one on the aggressive side....also a bit of a scraper

I did NOT persist with any of them......; I don't try to make a razor work.....have too many I actually like. But I got another Katana, read somewhere that the blade attachment is better....as is their SE.....or maybe a scam to waste money again (haven't tried them), but they look better finished than the originals.

Leaf is OK, it's actually good for face shaving

For my taste:
Twig not efficient enough, to the point that I actually pressed down aka: cart style.....not good
RR: I find it a bit aggressive, or maybe just a rough shaver
Yaqui: another one on the aggressive side....also a bit of a scraper

I did NOT persist with any of them......; I don't try to make a razor work.....have too many I actually like. But I got another Katana, read somewhere that the blade attachment is better....as is their SE.....or maybe a scam to waste money again (haven't tried them), but they look better finished than the originals.

Leaf is OK, it's actually good for face shaving
Did you try the more aggressive Twig Thorn?

Top Bottom