What's new

Single edge blade bulk sources ?

R

rainman

Yes, good site. You want these ones:

D. Single Edge, Gem "PTFE" Coated

One of these days I'm going to try these from Amazon.

If they prove workable, I can get them for $18.95/100 blades. Amazon lists ASR as the manufacturer and they have PTFE coating.

Something to try.

- Chris

If they prove workable, I can get them for $18.95/100 blades. Amazon lists ASR as the manufacturer and they have PTFE coating.

Something to try.

- Chris

When you get them I'd like to compare to the ones I got from Pella. If you have a half-way decent microscope (I really don't, just a 10x loupe) I can mail you a couple of blades to compare with.

R

rainman

Something to try.

- Chris

My opinion is that 100% that they are the same blades. Made by ASR, stainless, coated, listed under industrial and scientific, pella blade box also says industrial use on it.

I just tried to put quanity 4 making it 100 blades. The $6.75 for 25 count is without the shipping. For 100 blades plus shipping it's $34.59. The ems site buying 100 box with ups ground is under $30.

Something to try.

- Chris

I ordered a box of 100 of this type from Amazon a while back and haven't gotten around to using them (still working on DE razors). However, in an earlier thread I noted that the box they came in (which looks nothing like the photo on Amazon) is identical to the highly touted Pella blades and has the same stock number. I can confirm that again if need be.

Can anyone comment on how well these blades shave? They would be quite a savings over the Walgreens ones but I am a bit nervous about applying an industrial product to my face. :redface:

The Pellas are very popular here, many like them better than the Walgreen (have not tried them myself, but I was fine with the Walgreen blades).

Nice finds! It's worth noting that Gem with the registered trademark symbol next to it is significant, as Gem is a registered trademark of ASR, as is Personna.

These are the things that will help buoy us through the shavepocalypse: the woodwind players and vibrotome users of the world will still need their supplies!

- Chris

Top Bottom