What's new

Simpsons now charging to order replacement stickers?

I was trying to find some information on the progress of the LE brushes they were looking to put out and stumbled across this on twitter.

AESimpson1919 via Twitter said:
You can now buy replacement Simpson stickers from our website ... woohoo.

I have always preferred the look of my Simpsons brushes with the stickers. When my last one fell off I emailed Mark and he sent me 3 new one right away for free (when I only asked for 1). When I saw the post, I wanted to see just how much they were charging. It says £1 for the sticker but when I looked up how much they charge to send one to the US it totaled £5.95. Maybe it's their default cart set up to send stuff to the states but I think ~ $9.75 for one sticker is a little ridiculous. :thumbdown

It looks like I'll be enjoying my brushes sans sticker from now on.

I guess when times are tough... they have to a make a buck however they can. Personally I think with the cost of their brushes, you covering the just cost of postage should be enough.

It's my opinion that they are not designed to be permanent in the first place and so I don't see why replacement ones should be supplied free of charge.

There's a lot of room for preference in brushes, so whether a Simpson floats your boat or not is totally up to you (I love my Berkeley, and have had a couple others that I thoroughly enjoyed). However, this business with the stickers is a little off-putting. I would expect a company to take care with the application of its logo. Yet, I regularly seem Simpsons with the engraving so low that there's no room for a sticker to rest on the handle. What you end up with is a sticker that is crammed into a small space, and creased/folded over the lines of the handle.

Something about that needs to be reworked. Charging for a replacement (that won't likely fit any better if the engraving is off) is not a good solution - but perhaps that's not exactly what this is. Maybe if you have a legitimate problem with your sticker that you feel is Simpsons' error, they'll fix that on their dime. I'd ask, at least.

Vulfix/Progress has excellent customer service.
If the sticker is in error from the factory, I'll bet dollars to donuts that they'll fix it.
For everyone else who peels the sticker off or has a vintage brush on which they'd like a sticker, then I don't see a problem with charging for one.
Now, how much they charge for one is a different story all together.

The price, including shipping, is basically the price of one pint of beer...
Not that offensive IMO. In fact, I find that quite reasonable.

They should just throw an extra sticker or two with new razors. I think the pound is more likely to cover "handling" (someone has to check email, get the stickers, put them in an envelope, calculate postage, etc.)

My sticker is still on my Eagle, even though the color in the engraving is going.

If I were them, and I am looking at it a bit different, I would gladly resticker your brush if you sent it to me. I wouldnt want to be shipping out countless free stickers. Who knows where they will end up. Some XXXX company making look-a-likes with actual stickers, calling them simpsons and selling them on ebay to the countless suckers like me? :)

I'm not bothered about the stickers. I'll probably peel them off myself once they start loosening up.

The engraving is another issue entirely. Don't think that was supposed to be temporary. :001_rolle

I'm not bothered about the stickers. I'll probably peel them off myself once they start loosening up.

The engraving is another issue entirely. Don't think that was supposed to be temporary. :001_rolle

Gary claimed the engraving was outsourced. Perhaps Mark will bring it back in house after all the complaints.

I was trying to find some information on the progress of the LE brushes they were looking to put out and stumbled across this on twitter.

I have always preferred the look of my Simpsons brushes with the stickers. When my last one fell off I emailed Mark and he sent me 3 new one right away for free (when I only asked for 1). When I saw the post, I wanted to see just how much they were charging. It says £1 for the sticker but when I looked up how much they charge to send one to the US it totaled £5.95. Maybe it's their default cart set up to send stuff to the states but I think ~ $9.75 for one sticker is a little ridiculous. :thumbdown

It looks like I'll be enjoying my brushes sans sticker from now on.

Now that's what I call sticker shock!

Stickers are not made to be permanent. They will fall off eventually, and I don't blame Simpson for charging for new ones. Personally, I don't like the way they look and peel them off ASAP.

Stickers are not made to be permanent. They will fall off eventually, and I don't blame Simpson for charging for new ones. Personally, I don't like the way they look and peel them off ASAP.

I agree and enjoy using the brush more by not trying to protect sticker.

If the quality of the sticker is not good, and Simpson's isn't, it relates to the quality of the brush by reference. The sticker represents the Simpson brand, and they think so little of it as to make an inferior badge of their history and quality. If they're not impressed with it, I guess I shouldn't be either. And then to charge to have it fixed! Poor form.

Would Mercedes so cavalierly apply a poor pentastar to their autos. Not on their life. Someone's asleep at the tiller at Simpson's.

Paul

Sorry to go off topic a bit, but how could you make the sticker last longer if you don't want to go through the hassle of buying a new one?

Top Bottom