What's new

Simpsons Chubby 2 Best.Zero 2 hero in just one shave.

Ok, first, let me start off with an apology to Simpsons for the bad mouthing Ive been giving recently, as it was only out of frustration of trying to learn this brush, and constantly failing.......As I do consider myself an above novice brush user, alas, Ive extensively used boars, synthetics, badgers of several grades, with many soaps & creams, and MANY manufacturers of brushes as well. Im no expert, or a professional, but I am well versed. And I prided myself in that aspect of wetshaving, so I guess I lashed out, unfairly towards the Simpsons name.

NOW:

With that said, ive been attempting to use/learn this brush for well over 6 weeks now. Why so long to learn it? Because every time I tried Arko, Tabac, Proraso soaps, Palmolive, DR Harris creams, all my "go to" top shelf IMO software, I have failed to get the quality of lather and multiple passes I expected from the $150 top tiered shave brush......I almost always ended up going to my Omega 106 out of frustration, and ease of use. As it just takes 5 seconds of swirling and you got 4 passes with ease.......

Sooooo, today, I figured, I remember Marco praising The chubbies with Italian soaps, so I broke out my Proraso White tub.....mmmmmm, pumpkin inerds scent....

I ran it under the spicket, and shook it completely dry, then loaded for well over 1 minute, and started face lathering this hog of a brush.....Adding water as needed. And wouldnt ya know it, I had enough for 8 passes if I wanted to...I only use 3 passes though. So further loading adjustments are needed, but I was super impressed with the best.......(hair that is lol) Now that Ive "learned" it a little bit, It will proudly be on my front line of the brush wars in my bathroom......they seriously fight at night, its like WW2, got the German shavemacs, and the Italian omegas, and A few Brits in the Simpsons, what did you think would happen? lol :001_tt2:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Glad to hear, my friend! Enjoy your new brush and test it also with hard soaps. You'll be amazed how well it performs. Last time I used my Chubby 2 Best with La Toja Manantiales and I had so much lather that I used it for me to shave my face and for my wife to shave her legs! And this did actually happen!

It sounds like your on the way to mastering the Chubby. You've found a similar method to how I use mine. I shake and squeeze the brush so it's almost dry after a nice soak. After that. I just dip the tips in water (I find this is more than enough to get started) then load, add a bit more water until the brush is fully loaded. Then it hits the face, add a little more water and you get an amazing lather. It's one of my favourite brushes.

haha, funny "review" Great so you enjoy it and good luck with your soldier (Chubby) in the future wars :wink2:

Super dense brushes take some extra product and a bit more time to use properly. I'm glad you figured out the trick!

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I had a chubby two and never could get it to release lather, sold it.
A year later I bought it back, now it is one of my favorite face lathering brushes.

My Chubby2 seems to hold water like a Camel and then it releases it as i shave so i keep rotating the brush in my hand and it dispenses water nicely to lather on the tips just right. If I don't rotate it will drip.

Congratulations on the new discovery. You could give each group of brushes their own respective white flags for a complete truce to the combat.

Top Bottom