What's new

Simpson trafalgar T2 synthetic fibre..

Hi, I'm looking at this Simpson synthetic brush and wonder if its any good, So Simpson synthetic owners let me know
Thx!

Yes, all three Simpson Trafalgar brushes are good. I don't think the knot itself is necessarily any better than many other synthetic brushes of similar price or less, but they do have a unique diameter to loft ratio that I like a lot, and I also think they look great. The handles are fantastic.

The knot in the T1 and T2 are very similar in size, whereas the T3 is much bigger. My favorite is the T1 since I like the knot size and it seems more dense than the T2, but if you want the brush to splay, the T2 would probably be better. While I like them all, I'm thinking of selling the T2 and T3 since I have a definite preference for the T1.

One thing to note is that if anyone thinks they're getting a taste of a Chubby Synthetic for a fraction of the price, it's not the case. The Chubby is more dense and the fiber used in the knot has a much softer and luxurious feel.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I have the Trafalgar. It's a smaller brush, but works well. Here next to a Semogue Pharos.

Brushes.jpg

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Don't own one, but have used one. I like my real Plisson better and a super cheap ACE knot I have. I think if you want a Simpson, buy their upper end synths. But... this one does get the knot diameter to loft ratio correct in my opinion, as do most Simpsons.

Yes, all three Simpson Trafalgar brushes are good. I don't think the knot itself is necessarily any better than many other synthetic brushes of similar price or less, but they do have a unique diameter to loft ratio that I like a lot, and I also think they look great. The handles are fantastic.

The knot in the T1 and T2 are very similar in size, whereas the T3 is much bigger. My favorite is the T1 since I like the knot size and it seems more dense than the T2, but if you want the brush to splay, the T2 would probably be better. While I like them all, I'm thinking of selling the T2 and T3 since I have a definite preference for the T1.

One thing to note is that if anyone thinks they're getting a taste of a Chubby Synthetic for a fraction of the price, it's not the case. The Chubby is more dense and the fiber used in the knot has a much softer and luxurious feel.

Great comparison!! :a29:

I've been eying those brushes as well, but I have my doubts with regards to how the grip on the handle will be like. Looks like it has potential to be uncomfortable during head lathering.

Maybe more a face lathering brush.

I have a T3, its a big lad and has no difficulty with creams or soaps. Stiffer than my Yaqi but in a good way. Think I paid £18 with free postage here in the UK.

The Trafalgar uses a different grade synthetic fiber (Sovereign grade) than used by the Chubby and some other premium Simpson brushes (Platinum grade).

I have not had any experience with the Sovereign grade brushes but I have two Chubby 2 brushes in synthetic and they are superb!

Top Bottom