What's new

Simple, But Unusual Dairy Free One Pot Winter Warmer Recipes

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Frankfurters only contain pork meat, Wieners pork and beef. Outside of Austria or Germany there might be no distinction.

Oh, I thought one was a doctor in Rocky Horror Picture Show :lol:

on edit: Just noticed your B&B name- I take it you are a man who knows sausage.

Once cabbage starts coming into season.... Cabbage rolls!!!

Simple... Blanch the leaves. Ground meat (lamb/beef/pork/chicken. Mix with half-cooked white rice, an egg, some seasonings. Burrito roll the meat mixture into the blanched cabbage leaves. Cover with your favorite marinara sauce in a crock pot.
Shazzzammm....

I like a good bowl of beans, although I generally like corn bread with them. Using the crock pot, I cook up limas or black beans with either ham hock or diced up salt pork, along with salt, pepper, garlic, and onion. Turn it on, and come back in 8 hours. If using ham hock, once cooked I get all the meat of the hock and stir it up. Oh, one bit of possible heresy- when I spoon up a bowl, I add ketchup. It fills you up on those cold days.

Same here but I never add Ketchup, But I cook Black eyed peas, White beans , pintos and navy beans with a ham hock every time I can get one.

I make chicken soup like this.

Buy one 3-5 pound roasting hen, one med onion , 2 stacks of cerlry ,one bell pepper,
Oil bird and season with Salt , pepper , the Roman Trinty ie italian seasonings and set aside , cut up all the veggies
put 4 quarts of water on to boil , once warm add chicken and veggies and bring to boil turn down and simmer for an hour. Check once the chicken is done , remove bird and clean all the meat off the bones. toss bones and chop the chicken coarsely and return to the pot, taste and add water or seasoning as needed.

Top Bottom