What's new

Silvertip on a budget

I was already leaning to Whipped Dog, and it is more than obvious now that I have to go for a brush from Larry.
After my upcoming vacation I'll shoor Larry an email to order a brush.

Thanks for the advice on setting the loft deeper, I wouldn't want it to be too floppy.

Jim, how does Larry's synthetic knot compare with the G4 Muhle's? Thanks.
I tested the WD synth not too long ago and was so impressed it is still one of the three in my daily rotation

First, I have to say that I was astonished to find that it cost only $22 shipped! The brush is very good to excellent to use. It is well-packed and quite dense. It has very nice backbone and scrubbing action, nice lather flow-through, and is excellent with all the hardest and softest soaps and creams I threw at it. The handle is a good quality resin with nice heft and balance (and there are custom Firehouse Pottery and wood alternatives, too).

Larry selected a 59mm loft for this brush, which is a very a good choice for this knot. While Gen 3, it has been so carefully thought-out that it qualifies as one of the best out there--and there are some good ones! This is one of the best I've used, and very close to the Muhle V1 series in overall perfolmance. I rate it higher than the H.I.S. Gen 4 brush, Onega's new HI-Brush series and the NYSC synthetic brush, and several others.

Larry has done the shaving community a great service by providing such a terrific brush at this price point. He could charge 2-3 times as much and shavers would still be getting a great bargain!

$eec0bb6d-9ab2-4894-9291-ec6bae349ce4_zps4dd112d2.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom