What's new

Show Your CHAINSAWS!

Since we are in some way, shape or form, enthralled with sharp objects, and, this is the Outdoors Forum, I'm sure there are maybe more than a few members that own one of the most dangerous tools known to man, The Chainsaw! I'll start it off!

$20131120_104025.jpg
Husqvarna 545, 50.1cc Auto Tune (my firewood gettin' saw)

$20131120_171933.jpg
Echo CS 310 (for trimmin' the trees and some firewood gettin' also)

Let's see those saws!

Here are the only two I have pics of.

First up is my Husqvarna 365 Special, with a 72cc Big Bore kit. Sporting a 28 inch bar. I usually run a square chisel skip-tooth on this saw. Sitting on a few rounds of red oak:

Next is my Jonsered 2255 Turbo, 20 inch bar. My wife hates it when I service it on the glass patio table. lol

I cut a good 7-8 full cord (4x4x8 ft) a year. Pictured in these double row racks. I have a few more racks this siz in the yard that aren't pictured.

The wood feeds not only our woodstove that heats our entire ranch, it also fuels the pizza oven:

Watching Napoleon Dymamite:

Thanks fellas. I have others, I'll try to snap some pics when I get off shift in the morning. I could take some pics of all the saws we have on our firetrucks, but that would be cheating. lol

I'll have to snap a pic of my 70's Remington tomorrow.. Great saw that suits my needs... Although not adorned with all those safety features. Pulled it out of a dumpster 10 years ago along with a second Sears one from the same era. Never saw a reason to get a new one.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Thanks fellas. I have others, I'll try to snap some pics when I get off shift in the morning. I could take some pics of all the saws we have on our firetrucks, but that would be cheating. lol

no. that would be awesome!

Now it's chainsaws!!! I love this place! I have a Stihl 024 that's about 25 years old. No pics, sorry. Keep them coming.

I'll have to take some photos, but I have a Stihl 260 Pro, 460, and a 660. Sadly do not use the larger ones as much as I used to except when I head to Wisconsin to help a friend cut wood for the coming winter.

I have a Stihl MS 170. Got it new 3 weeks ago. First and probably last chainsaw for me...as I'm no spring chicken and have just a small yard to keep trimmed.

It,s out in the shed and its cold and raining now, so no pics. It is a Stihl MS or FS 46( I think) purchased back in the mid '80s. I have been through a few chains. It never got heavy use but has cut up quite a few large oaks that fell or had to be cut down in my yard, plus a couple of elm trees. When I am finished I always run the carb dry , squirt a little extra oil on the chain. I found a couple of sources of alcohol free fuel over in Louisiana, so pick up some every year, and use Stihl full synthetic oil . It has never failed to start and is more saw than I need.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
One of three, this one gets a lot more use through practicality. Good lightweight saw.

Jking,
I've been running some pemixed fuel call Trufuel in my saws. It's ethanol free 92 octane premixed with synthetic oil. It's about $5.59 a liter. I have recently located two sources in town that sell non ethanol 94 octane for $4.50 a gallon so I'll be switching to that. Running the carburetor dry is a good idea if the saw is run infrequently.

Here are the only two I have pics of.

First up is my Husqvarna 365 Special, with a 72cc Big Bore kit. Sporting a 28 inch bar. I usually run a square chisel skip-tooth on this saw. Sitting on a few rounds of red oak:

Next is my Jonsered 2255 Turbo, 20 inch bar. My wife hates it when I service it on the glass patio table. lol

I cut a good 7-8 full cord (4x4x8 ft) a year. Pictured in these double row racks. I have a few more racks this siz in the yard that aren't pictured.

The wood feeds not only our woodstove that heats our entire ranch, it also fuels the pizza oven:

Watching Napoleon Dymamite:
So literally have no heating bills at all......amazing, i pay like an average of 200 dollars a month during winter in NJ.

So literally have no heating bills at all......amazing, i pay like an average of 200 dollars a month during winter in NJ.

Alex, our gas bill in the winter used to be in the 250-275 dollar a month range, and that was keeping the inside temp at 63! We got new windows and the stove, and now our bills are around 25-30 a month, with a temp between 68-70. All of our gas usage comes from the 6-burner range in the kitchen, water heater and dryer.

The woodstove paid for itself within the first year and a half of using it.

Top Bottom