What's new

Show Your Birth Year Razor(s)

Nice razor. If you ever decide to sell it I would like first crack at it. August '64 here also. I would even consider breaking my first try at the sabbatical for it!:001_302:
Thanks, but this one ain't going anywhere. Jay at Delta Echo will set you up. I checked with him and told him the Year and quarter I wanted. He didn't have the right quarter in stock. I told him go ahead with doing one with the right year. Week or so later he said a proper quarter came in before he started mine if I still wanted it, which of course I did. Was busy season so took closer to 10 weeks but and VERY pleased with it and the experience with Delta Echo. Go for one and pick your colors !!!!

Well, now you mention it...

Fatboy G2.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Thanks, but this one ain't going anywhere. Jay at Delta Echo will set you up. I checked with him and told him the Year and quarter I wanted. He didn't have the right quarter in stock. I told him go ahead with doing one with the right year. Week or so later he said a proper quarter came in before he started mine if I still wanted it, which of course I did. Was busy season so took closer to 10 weeks but and VERY pleased with it and the experience with Delta Echo. Go for one and pick your colors !!!!

I had been eyeballing their razors for over a year and love the looks of them especially the black and red, just can't pull the trigger though. Reason is I have J3 re-plated in rose gold I got from Hibco about a year and a half ago and it is my main razor and love looking at it. Just picked up a Fatboy through the auction here that I had been wanting along with a few other razors that I have been slowing parting with. I will have to wait a year if I decide I want one, just not bad enough yet to break the sabbatical but for a J3 it is tempting.

A poor phone pic of my birth year Sllim and birth year/quarter Flare Tip. Both beautifully replated by Chris Evatt, the Slim in rhodium and the Flare in bright nickel :001_wub:

7AD90AC4-D670-4357-B396-BA684146C39F.jpeg

This post of mine a while back is proof that I can eat my own words. I have succumbed to the RAD and now have not just one but two birth year/quarter razors. And more importantly I really like how the slim adjustable shaves. So, yes, I’m a hypocrite. That’s ok. I’ve been called worse things. Here’s some pics.

View attachment 853410 View attachment 853411 View attachment 853412 View attachment 853413 View attachment 853414 View attachment 853415 View attachment 853416

Nothing beats a Slim in classic looks - what a great looking pair!

I had been eyeballing their razors for over a year and love the looks of them especially the black and red, just can't pull the trigger though. Reason is I have J3 re-plated in rose gold I got from Hibco about a year and a half ago and it is my main razor and love looking at it. Just picked up a Fatboy through the auction here that I had been wanting along with a few other razors that I have been slowing parting with. I will have to wait a year if I decide I want one, just not bad enough yet to break the sabbatical but for a J3 it is tempting.
I can't even bring myself to shave with it yet, but will eventually. I have another J slim adjustable for my daily user as well as a plethora of other razors to rotate. You won't be disappointed when you get it. How is the quality of Hibco? I've seen them on the bay at times I believe.

I can't even bring myself to shave with it yet, but will eventually. I have another J slim adjustable for my daily user as well as a plethora of other razors to rotate. You won't be disappointed when you get it. How is the quality of Hibco? I've seen them on the bay at times I believe.

Excellent quality. Year and a half about and hardly shows sign of use. I believe they are closed for business now. Last I heard he had lost a few family members so I think their online store is now shutdown.

You know you want to use it, you might as well, you will never know how good it shaves if you don't. That rose gold plating on mine made it shave better than the regular Slim I had. That is what I tell myself and I even believe me!

Top Bottom