What's new

Show us your Military Unit patch/badge/seal

Eben Stone

Staff member
View attachment 1333254

U.S. Army 7th Infantry ”Lightfighters” 1991-1993 Ft. Ord, CA, and Ft. Lewis, WA
I just found this online, but I never owned this patch, at least not that I can rember.
01903468ef155d300128a2649c281a96.jpg

I was with the guided missile destroyer USS Decatur DDG 31
in Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in Bremerton Washington,
when Mount Saint Helens blew up.
During the coldest part of the Winter, it snowed on four consecutive days
and on each of those days, the rain washed the snow away.

DSCN1269b.jpg

But I did most of my sailoring onboard the amphibious transport dock
USS Denver LPD 9.

DSCN1272b.jpg

DSCN1270c.jpg. DSCN1274c.jpg

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I was with the guided missile destroyer USS Decatur DDG 31
in Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in Bremerton Washington,
when Mount Saint Helens blew up.
During the coldest part of the Winter, it snowed on four consecutive days
and on each of those days, the rain washed the snow away.

View attachment 1349178

But I did most of my sailoring onboard the amphibious transport dock
USS Denver LPD 9.

View attachment 1349179

View attachment 1349180. View attachment 1349181
Welcome Brother!
The Cruiser I was on, CG-30, was the former DDG-30, till they cut them in half and added about 16 frames in the middle!

83AEBD2A-3D0A-4C65-927F-C15EB3C47393.jpeg

A few from my shadow box. 5 years as an AWACS guy then almost 17 more as a civil engineer. Fire and crash rescue is part of a civil engineer squadron in the USAF; as a squadron CC, I was also the base fire marshal. My white marshal's helmet that the "Fire Dawgs" gave me is one of my most prized military mementos.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
View attachment 1349206
A few from my shadow box. 5 years as an AWACS guy then almost 17 more as a civil engineer. Fire and crash rescue is part of a civil engineer squadron in the USAF; as a squadron CC, I was also the base fire marshal. My white marshal's helmet that the "Fire Dawgs" gave me is one of my most prized military mementos.
Welcome Brother!

1st-Infantry-Division-Wood-Patch-1.jpg
First Infantry Division, the Big Red One. I lost my medals a while ago. Once government is really up and running, I'll get official copies. But I served for 6.5 years and went to Iraq and Kosovo (in the Balkans) before that.

There a lot of veterans here. That's not really surprising, getting to know you all more.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
View attachment 1349249
First Infantry Division, the Big Red One. I lost my medals a while ago. Once government is really up and running, I'll get official copies. But I served for 6.5 years and went to Iraq and Kosovo (in the Balkans) before that.

There a lot of veterans here. That's not really surprising, getting to know you all more.
Welcome Brother.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
It took me from the time you started this thread
until yesterday to find that stuff.

I lost my medals a while ago. Once government is really up and running, I'll get official copies.
All of my military memorabilia was burned to ashes in a tragic accident:
The accident being I didn't take the stuff from my ex before the divorce.

The medals can be replaced as RookieGuy says though, so I got mine replaced about 10 years ago. Patches, uniforms, papers - not so much.

All of my military memorabilia was burned to ashes in a tragic accident:
The accident being I didn't take the stuff from my ex before the divorce.

The medals can be replaced as RookieGuy says though, so I got mine replaced about 10 years ago. Patches, uniforms, papers - not so much.
That reminds me. If you haven't, make copies of important military papers (like proof of service) and hide them different places. Like a copy at work, if you have family or friends.

I lost my medals and stuff in a house fire too. Now I had a few copies at her parents and her office. Those copies will be lifesavers later on if you need it want anything. Like widow's benefits.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
IMG_2018.JPG

Began my military experience as an enlisted medic in the 82 nd Abn. Division. Got my jump wings and Expert Field Medic Badge on active duty in the '70's. Flight Crewmember Wings earned as a member of the Louisiana Army National Guard in the '80s. Later became an Officer when I became an RN.
IMG_2025.JPG

Went to Desert Storm as a member of the LANG, 159th MASH, supporting 3rd. Armor Div., so authorized to wear their combat patch.
IMG_2019.JPG

Sideways view of LANG "Puking Pelican" patch.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
IMG_2020.JPG

While still an enlisted medic, I served some time in the 813th Air Ambulance unit as a flight medic in UH1H "Huey" helicopters. When I got my commission I returned to the 159th MASH.

IMG_2022.JPG

IMG_2021.JPG

IMG_2023.JPG

IMG_2024.JPG

I put all my patches on my flight helmet bag.

Last edited:
Top Bottom