What's new

Happy 4th of July and Bon Voyage to Price!

Price is awesome. Looks like I'll have some shoes to fill in our movie thread. Can't let Ed tread water! :biggrin:

Price, godspeed my good man.

I know I am not the first to say it but I don't think it can be said enough - thank you for your service to our country! Stay safe, return to port soon and realize that you may be deployed but you will never have left the B&B community.

+1 to Price is awesome. Be safe out there and have a nice tour! Hope to see you in the movie thread whenever you can get there. We'll keep it warm for ya! As we all have said here, thanks for your service!

P.S...thanks for the nod, Ill!

Price is awesome. Looks like I'll have some shoes to fill in our movie thread. Can't let Ed tread water! :biggrin:

Price, godspeed my good man.

Good luck and be safe out there on that bad boy. What a ship.
Hope you can still post on the Guess that movie thread. You were the best.

Godspeed Price. Thank you sincerely for your service. My dad served in the Navy during WWII. Don't ask how, but he ended up as Gen. Wild Bill Donovan's aide in China. So his tour was in the OSS. Be safe and enjoy your new station. We'll be looking for you.

Chancellorsville is a fine ship with lots of high-end electronic widgets for a someone in an electronics rating to muck around in. Depending on his people, he should have fun.

Ganbatte Senior!

Take care Price! Oh, and take a good fishing pole with ya! The stories I heard! I'm A.F. but had a lot of buddies in the Navy and many I work with. The cooks will thank you :)

Thanks for all the good wishes, fellas. We're actually leaving northern Illinois tomorrow (driving), and we'll be taking a rather long, circuitous trip. Visiting family in a couple places, and we hope to be in SD by the 1st. I'll be online rather sparsely in the meantime, but once we get there I should be here pretty regularly. Although I report for duty next month, we are not scheduled to deploy any time in the immediate future - probably not until next year.

My tour in Great Lakes has been a rewarding one, helping to train the next generation of Sailors - the guys that'll take my place one day. I was also lucky enough to meet a few of you guys a couple times while I was here, and I hope to do the same in southern California.

John, I'm going to try my damnedest to keep using the straight underway. I do have a Col. Conk Trac II handle for when it's really rough.

Wait, what are all of those Navy guys going to say when they see his pretty, pretty floral soaps and other perfumey things?
That's why I'm keeping the straight. :wink2:

Take care Price, I hope you packed enough pipes and tobacco for the tour. You know who to call if you run out. Be safe!
Many thanks, my tobacco godfather! Pretty strong winds at sea, might make pipe smoking a challenge, but I'll certainly be loaded for bear anyway. Besides, I've got a backup plan. (The humi is still pretty full. :biggrin1:)
Congrats man, you're going to love the weather in San Diego, but be on your toes for "personal security" when off base until you get a good feel for the area.
Most of SD is pretty nice, but some areas that seem okay are pretty bad for "smash and grab" and the occasional strongarm robbery.

Thanks, Rich. This'll actually be my third tour of duty in San Diego, so I'm pretty familiar with the area already. We found a nice place in a nice, very quiet area. Plus, I'm an old married guy, so I don't get too many opportunities to get into trouble. :biggrin1:

Anyway, thanks again John and everyone. Looking forward to the trip, and to being back in San Diego. Be back soon...

Top Bottom