What's new

Show us your Military Unit patch/badge/seal

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Haze gray and underway ... back when guys in the Navy were actual sailors.

proxy.php
Welcome Brother!

Ahhh yes . . . I'll dig up a few old bones here too.
USN (black-shoe) from 1988 to 1992
I served in a squadron so I'll list that 1st.
Attack Squadron 65 (World Famous Fighting Tigers) VA-65
I was attached to Carrier Air Group 8 (6th fleet) stationed in Virginia Beach as NAS Oceana.
My squadron was attached aboard the USS Coral Sea (CVA-43) on her final voyage before her decommissioning.
We were also attached aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN-71) for the support of Desert Shield/Storm in 1991.
One last attachment before I left was to the USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72) for the initial shake-down shortly after she was commissioned.

VA-65.png

CV-43.png

CVN-71.png

Ribbons.png

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Ahhh yes . . . I'll dig up a few old bones here too.
USN (black-shoe) from 1988 to 1992
I served in a squadron so I'll list that 1st.
Attack Squadron 65 (World Famous Fighting Tigers) VA-65
I was attached to Carrier Air Group 8 (6th fleet) stationed in Virginia Beach as NAS Oceana.
My squadron was attached aboard the USS Coral Sea (CVA-43) on her final voyage before her decommissioning.
We were also attached aboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN-71) for the support of Desert Shield/Storm in 1991.
One last attachment before I left was to the USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72) for the initial shake-down shortly after she was commissioned.

View attachment 1356964
View attachment 1356965
View attachment 1356966
View attachment 1356967
Welcome Brother!

By the way -
If you got this...
SAKLM.png

Then in all likelyhood you also got this and maybe don't know...
KLM.png

The first is the Saudi Arabia Kuwait Liberation Medal from Saudi Arabia, and the second is the Kuwait Liberation medal from Kuwait which came out much later for the same period.

Welcome Brother!

By the way -
If you got this... View attachment 1356971

Then in all likelyhood you also got this and maybe don't know... View attachment 1356972

The first is the Saudi Arabia Kuwait Liberation Medal from Saudi Arabia, and the second is the Kuwait Liberation medal from Kuwait which came out much later for the same period.
The Kuwait Liberation Medal (Saudi Arabia) (the one I have) is awarded to members of the Coalition Forces who participated in Operation Desert Storm and the liberation of Kuwait between the dates of January 17, 1991 and February 28, 1991.

The Kuwait Liberation Medal (Kuwait) was approved by the Kuwait Council of Ministers for award in five classes, generally according to the rank of the recipient. The medal was offered by the Chief of Staff of the Kuwait Armed Forces on July 16, 1994. (I was discharged in 1992 and therefor was not eligible).

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The Kuwait Liberation Medal (Saudi Arabia) (the one I have) is awarded to members of the Coalition Forces who participated in Operation Desert Storm and the liberation of Kuwait between the dates of January 17, 1991 and February 28, 1991.

The Kuwait Liberation Medal (Kuwait) was approved by the Kuwait Council of Ministers for award in five classes, generally according to the rank of the recipient. The medal was offered by the Chief of Staff of the Kuwait Armed Forces on July 16, 1994. (I was discharged in 1992 and therefor was not eligible).
I retired December of 1995. Well, thought I'd mention it just in case.

"Missed it by that much"
- Agent 86

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I encourage all Vets to join in this PIF by Adam18. He has extended the deadline, and has relaxed the entry requirement.
Any Vet is eligible. Hate to see a guy making a generous offer and to see him standing there with a prize in his hand that no one will claim!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Phil:
1. USA
2. US Army: 1979-2003
3. SFC / E-7
4. 92G40 (prior 94B), Senior Food Service Sergeant / 11B20 Infantry Sergeant

Operations:
Dessert Shield/Storm - Iraq
Provide Comfort - Northern Iraq
IFOR/SFOR - Bosnia-Herzegovina
Operation Joint Guardian - Kosovo

$3.jpg
proxy.php
1699885779504.jpeg
1699885464519.jpeg

Dco, 2-39 (Rabid Dogs), Inf Regt, 4th Basic Training (BT) Brigade, from 93-95 @ Fort Jackson, SC .

proxy.php
"Come here soldier...yeah I'm talking to you. You better get 'locked in tight'!!! CBJ

proxy.php
1667596198690.jpeg

BTW, I retired out of Fort Drum, NY (I was in 2-14 Inf Regt [Golden Dragons], 2nd Brigade Combat Team),...Hooah!!!

proxy.php
"You will never know the true nature of your citizenship, until your nation calls you to Serve". CBJ

Last edited:
My best friend was Navel Avator.

His unit was famous in Korean War.

They were know as Lamplighter, VP-871.

IMG_2607.jpeg

Marines love this Unit, they dropped Parachute Flairs at night, so Marines could shoot chicoms.

Top Bottom