What's new

Show us your Military Unit patch/badge/seal

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Lots of Veterans here from all eras

How about you guys show us your Unit Patch or Ships Seal or other Organization badge?

Here's one of mine, Guided Missile Cruiser USS Horne, CG-30. I was on her during the first Gulf War. Desert Shield/Desert Storm patches and my fruit salad.

119_550x550_Front_Color-NA.jpg

DesertShield.jpg
DesertStorm1.jpg

desktop.jpg

Last edited:
I never made into the Army proper, long story about a bit of a **** up at an establishment called Welbeck College, but I was in the Army Cadet Force, ended up as Cadet Sergeant, Royal Anglian Regiment.
Roy-Anglian-Cap-Badge_620x.jpg

This is the cap badge: it features the castle of Gibraltar, commemorating the fact that the Suffolk, Essex and Northampton Regiments (which among others now make up the Regiment) were at the Great Siege of Gibraltar 1779 - 1783.

Blackadder fans will know that the band and soldiers of the 3rd Batallion featured in the closing credits for the 4th series.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Nope missed one, remote assignment in the Philippines where I met my wife.

848 acws001.jpg

My ten years active duty was in this order.

• 24 Air Defense Squadron, Utica, NY
  • This one, 848 Air Control and Warning Squadron, San Fernando, La Union, Philippines
  • 26th Aggressor Squadron, Clark AB Philippines, and later Kadena AB, Okinawa
  • 623 ACWS, Kadena AB Okinawa
  • NATO AWACS E3 Component, Geilenkirchen, Germany

Fun times! Loved all of it. Would have made it a career if the Berlin Wall had not come down. Took an early out during the "Peace Dividend" drawdown.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
NORAD - The Santa Trackers!

YESSSS! The Santa Trackers! lol. Now there's a memory for ya! lol

I have actually controlled two live intercepts of Russian TU-95 Bear Bombers on their way to Cuba along the East coast, prior to the end of the Cold War. Playing Pinochle at 2:30 a.m. in the breakroom, when the alarm sounded both times. The 49th FIS, flying F-106 Delta Darts, had 5 minutes from alert to airborne, pilots slept near their planes.

One of our birds.

proxy.php

Where I would be working the intercept ...

proxy.php

And my fruit salad. Thanks for this, Phil, really enjoyed my trip down memory lane!

MilitarySigFile.png

Top Bottom