What's new

Show me your .45!

yeah why not, lets see what you guys got! only .45s and give us some history on why or what you carry for. make things interesting!
proxy.php

$DSCF4351.jpg
Sig 220, Auto Ordinance 1911, and Kimber Desert Warrior. Have about 1000 rds and about another 600 to load.

RIA Tactical, Raasco Dymwood grips
Ambi safety replaced with Colt GI.
FL Guide rod and plug replaced with GI.
Ed Brown arched MSH.
SpringCo 16# recoil spring.

$rianewgrip.jpg

Worst thing I ever did was to give up my pistol license. Something that was really hard to get here in NYC.And with Bloomberg in office I don't think I'll get another one so easily. Looking at all these great .45's makes me sad.Never carried one but I have shot the colt.Great guns with manageable recoil. My wife has shown some interest. We are going to get her a easier to obtain rifle/shotgun permit. Nice guns guys!!!

Worst thing I ever did was to give up my pistol license. Something that was really hard to get here in NYC.And with Bloomberg in office I don't think I'll get another one so easily. Looking at all these great .45's makes me sad.Never carried one but I have shot the colt.Great guns with manageable recoil. My wife has shown some interest. We are going to get her a easier to obtain rifle/shotgun permit. Nice guns guys!!!
. You can only get a targeting permit and no assault rifles i. tthe city. Pm me if you need the course.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Colt Series 80 Officer's ACP i sent to Bill Wilson a few years ago to have a little work done on it:

Slide fitted to frame

Bo-Mar low mount sights

Match barrel bushing

Full length guide rod

Barrel throated and feed ramp polished

Heavy duty extractor

Skeleton trigger

Trigger job set at 5 lbs. pull (told them it was a duty weapon and that's what they recommended)

Ambi safety

5 Wilson mags., three 7 round and two 8 round

I also picked up a Wolff recoil spring tuning kit and played with it a bit 'till I got it functioning like I want with 230 gr. Speer Gold Dots.

It worked well as both an on-duty and off-duty carry piece, and now that I'm working in the private sector I still have to go to the bad parts of town at times and it hides well under a coat or a shirt. Besides, some of the people I put in prison 10-20 years ago are getting out now.

proxy.php

Careful with the Pachmayr (and possibly other) "Medallion" grips.

I had a set on mine, The grips were wood base with a rubber cover and finger grooves. I loved those grips.
One day, I dropped my mag and a screw fell out with it.
I immediately removed the slide and searched for where this screw could have some from.
I then noticed the missing medallion, which was on the floor of the range a couple of feet in front of the line.
I checked my mags, and several of them had light scratches on that side.
The medallion was on the thumb side, so I didn't feel it when it came off.

Double check those and maybe some red Loctite. It would have sucked for the screw to come off while a mag was being inserted and for it to have been chambered in front of a round.

Sorry for the terrible pic, but here is my Sig 220. Only .45 (for now). Hope that changes in the near future (1911 shopping).

Attachments

• $220.JPG
    $220.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 798

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Here is a pic of my only .45 auto G30 I have wanted a 1911 for awhile, I don't know why I haven't gotten one yet. Sure are some nice ones in this thread. :drool:

$PF3050201.jpg
Wouldn't mind owning this Springfield.

$PW9142L.jpg

Top Bottom