What's new

Should I look for another tech?

got a post war/zamak Tech from 1966* a while ago. I like it a lot. Should I look for another earlier/brass tech for longevity and put the 66 in my travel kit?

*My only tech but far from my only razor.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Yes, you need more Techs

full

Couldn't hurt. I'd suggest a pre-war Canada model and a no date code USA model. Early 1950s are pretty OK, too. These are all-brass and would give you some variety.

That black handle model in @nemo's photo is a nice travel razor. Very light.

I personally wouldn’t bother with those/them. They’re so easy to find in person or on the big auction site that I see no reason to pay a premium for a tech that can be cleaned and polished to nearly new condition with a bit of elbow grease. Your money though.
Edit to add: not sure where you live but, I bet you could find one within a 50 mile radius inside of a month.
What do y’all think of the razor emporium replayed ones?

Get more.

Good advice given so far. They are the most commonly seen razor for me in antique shops in the northeast.

Most are $10-$25 with some as low as a dollar or two, and the odd razor for sale with a hilariously high asking price.

Different handle and head combinations result in a varying shave experience. They’re fun to try different combos.

Here’s about a dozen examples of the wild caught Techs I added to my collection over approximately 2 years of consistent antique hunting.

1709768139032.jpeg

What do y’all think of the razor emporium replayed ones?

No real need; if you look around you can find an original razor that has not been beat to heck. Might need a little clean up and polishing, though. I got several in the $7-15 range with shipping usually included (that was before shipping got more expensive, though).

Top Bottom