What's new

Pre War Tech

I purchased a Pre war tech from someone on the forum right before Christmas, and I have been using it now for a while. I have a 5 tech's, and the pre-war tech is my favorite of the bunch. It has become my daily shaver. I think it has a slightly larger head than my other techs'. When I was using it, I thought it was heavier than my other techs, but this morning I grabbed one of my other tech's and realized the pre war felt slightly heavier, or maybe the balance was slightly different. Whichever it is, I prefer it. I also like the break down design of the pre war model over the later tech's as it is easier to clean and car for. The only razor I like as much as the pre war model is a murker 34c. My two cents, with inflation my two cents is probably worth a hay penny.

Between Techs I’m torn between my pre war fat handle Gold Tech and a modern Chinese Super Blue with custom @Rosseforp GTS handle.

D5D81490-DECE-481F-B0B2-C59A81E8A7FD.jpeg

3F1EA15A-4C72-44F4-96CD-B81DAE1F5AA6.jpeg

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I think it has a slightly larger head than my other techs'. When I was using it, I thought it was heavier than my other techs, but this morning I grabbed one of my other tech's and realized the pre war felt slightly heavier, or maybe the balance was slightly different.
Heads are pretty much the same size, the ones with the embossed GILLETTE on the zamak cap are slightly shorter.
Which handle you have will contribute to weight differences, the fat handle is lighter than the solid ball end, brass of course.
The aluminum stuff is way lighter.

Happy to hear you like your "new" Tech, I'm a big fan of them all, too!

full

That's one of my favorites too. I have a fairly heavy beard and started out using Slim adjustable but when a friend gave me a Tech with the triangle slots I found that it was just about perfect for me with a Feather or other pretty sharp blade. Lately I've been alternating with an old type, thin cap, open comb and I find they're about the same for me as far as aggressiveness.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I just re-entered the Tech world with a Canada Pre-war Tech.... I haven't used it enough to come to any conclusions but I did get a nice first shave. I also re-ordered a Flat Bottom Tech... as I had one early on, had it replated... but then sold it to help finance another razor. It will show up in a couple weeks, I imagine. This one looks to be in better shape than the first one I had. I doubt I'll have this one replated, but photographs don't often reveal the actual condition of a razor, so who knows?

Top Bottom