What's new

I just can’t help myself

Who needs another tech? There’s just something…. Just something about this simple yet effective design.

My first pre war and first Bakelite. As far as I know it’s a WWII military razor.

I’m anxious to give this a try. Ok this is my last one. I promise.

IMG_6823.jpeg

IMG_6822.jpeg
IMG_6825.jpeg
IMG_6826.jpeg

Nice find…however…good luck. 😉

Those pre-war techs are great.

I finally meant those word when I realized I had found kept/sold just shy of 700 razors. Now I only buy the occasional yard sale or estate sale find that is too cheap to pass up. These get cleaned and handed off to friends.

I’m getting close to liquidating the last of the collection while keeping a handful.

I finally meant those word when I realized I had found kept/sold just shy of 700 razors. Now I only buy the occasional yard sale or estate sale find that is too cheap to pass up. These get cleaned and handed off to friends.

I’m getting close to liquidating the last of the collection while keeping a handful.
Wow! 700! And I thought I had too many 😂. I haven’t tried the pre war yet so it will be interesting to see if I can feel a diference.

Wow, WWII NOS?

Is there a crate of them somewhere?
It was not described as NOS and I don’t think it is if you look closely. But either way it’s very well maintained.

The same seller has another one listed. I don’t know your location but if you’re in Europe check eBay Italy for “Gillette tech” and it should show up.

Wow! 700! And I thought I had too many 😂. I haven’t tried the pre war yet so it will be interesting to see if I can feel a diference.
Yep, it started with an intent to simplify my life, then became a hobby, then a collection, perhaps an obsession, and now back to simplicity….full circle journey.

It’s been fun and now I’m finally saving money. 😜

Yep, it started with an intent to simplify my life, then became a hobby, then a collection, perhaps an obsession, and now back to simplicity….full circle journey.

It’s been fun and now I’m finally saving money. 😜
Obsession… I can relate

This thing gets out of control very fast. What can we do? 🤣🤣
That’s an awesome score, @Alex Jr
Thank you sir!

I have a post-war (1960) and just last week got a pre-war. The difference is night and day, at least with my samples. Using a fresh Feather in the post-war still felt super mild and required some extra cleanup to get BBS, on the flip side it was an extremely safe, almost care-free shave, as if nothing outside of sheer careless stupidity could cause cuts or irritation.

The pre-war with a fresh Feather stilll felt rather mild, but it was a very close shave and if I wielded it as if it was the post-war I’d be in trouble. It’s a lot more efficient and aggressive - but doesn’t “sound” or feel aggressive while shaving. Put it this way - this is the Tech that I will likely load with Astras rather than Feathers.

I have a post-war (1960) and just last week got a pre-war. The difference is night and day, at least with my samples. Using a fresh Feather in the post-war still felt super mild and required some extra cleanup to get BBS, on the flip side it was an extremely safe, almost care-free shave, as if nothing outside of sheer careless stupidity could cause cuts or irritation.

The pre-war with a fresh Feather stilll felt rather mild, but it was a very close shave and if I wielded it as if it was the post-war I’d be in trouble. It’s a lot more efficient and aggressive - but doesn’t “sound” or feel aggressive while shaving. Put it this way - this is the Tech that I will likely load with Astras rather than Feathers.
Ok that last sentence peaked my interest.

I guess it’s more noticeable than I thought. Oh the anxiety! 🤣

Ok that last sentence peaked my interest.

I guess it’s more noticeable than I thought. Oh the anxiety! 🤣

Well, I am not implying that Feathers are too sharp for it - actually I first used it with a fresh Feather.

Rather, it's an efficient razor and I reserve Feathers for very mild ones like Post-War.

BTW there's a pre-war on eBay currently going for about $15 shipped.

Wow, 700!!
I have to ask- after owning & using so many razors, what are the handful that you’ll keep for yourself?

Well, I am not implying that Feathers are too sharp for it - actually I first used it with a fresh Feather.

Rather, it's an efficient razor and I reserve Feathers for very mild ones like Post-War.

BTW there's a pre-war on eBay currently going for about $15 shipped.
I’m a huge fan of BICs but lately I’ve been leaning towards milder blades when using some of my razors. Not all of course.

It’ll be interesting to see that experiment in the tech.

Wow, 700!!
I have to ask- after owning & using so many razors, what are the handful that you’ll keep for yourself?
My daily razor is a post-war tech, I have three of them in mint condition (2 gold, 1 nickel). My special occasion razor is a Sheraton, made the year my dad was born, and I occasionally shave with post-war Fat Handle Tech (I have a mint complete set).

I’m a huge fan of BICs but lately I’ve been leaning towards milder blades when using some of my razors. Not all of course.

It’ll be interesting to see that experiment in the tech.
What's the latest report on your experience with your pre-war tech and blade choice?

What's the latest report on your experience with your pre-war tech and blade choice?
It’s coming from Italy brought by a family member so it’s going to take a while to get here. But as soon as I put my hand on it I’ll make sure to report my experience.

Some delayed gratification…. Multiplied by 100 🤣

We need more data on these 700 razors. How about a top 5 breakdown of your favorites. Overall, SB, OC, TTO, Injector, etc. Very few people will have your knowledge base on razors.

Top Bottom