What's new

Shea Butter Creams

Not shaving creams, but the skin creams (for my lack of a better term).

My better half swears by them, and had 'em from several different stores. In her never-ending support for my new attention to my face, she suggested I try Shea Butter as a moisturizer before bed whenever I've been outside for extended periods golfing, teaching at the college, whatever.

Problem is, while I do feel it does something for my skin, I absolutely CAN NOT get a decent shave the morning after. No matter what I do, no matter what razor I use with ANY blade in it, it feels like I'm shaving with a hacksaw blade.

'Suup wit dat???

Interesting. I seem to recall (perhaps over a year ago) a gent with a similar issue. His theory was that he was over-moisturizing his face. Have you tried different night time moisturizers to see if this is a phenomenon unique to the shea butter?

I use nearly pure shea butter on particularly dried-out areas (particularly after I have an allergic rash anywhere). I get it from Shea Terra Organics - fantastic stuff; I highly recommend the variety with frankincense and myrrh essential oils added.

Anyway, It's a bit heavy for use on the face, I think. I much prefer Charles (QED) skin conditioners.

Shea butter is an oil, and by soaking your face in it you are preventing your chin stubble from absorbing the water during shave prep to make then soft.

In essence if you don't remove the oil you are dry shaving.

Jimro

I too use pure, unrefined Shea Butter as a night-cream for my dry skin and I love it. The key to a good shave in the morning is to simply wash yer mug with some soap prior to shaving to remove the oil :thumbup1:

Top Bottom