What's new

Shaving Sticks: As is or mashed into a bowl?

TBH I don't see the point of milling a stick, just buy the puck version. If they don't do a puck version then either put up with the stick or maybe that soap isn't the one for you as it is only in stick form. I tried a stick of Erasmic years ago, I didn't like it in the slighest, so I stuck with puck Erasmic.

I've been breaking Palmolive sticks into three bits and dropping them into my shaving bowl for years. But then, I'm an Aussie... :)

I've been breaking Palmolive sticks into three bits and dropping them into my shaving bowl for years. But then, I'm an Aussie... :)

Even your toilets swirl backwards when the flush down there. :lol:

I guess if the only way you can get a certain soap is in stick form, it makes sense to mill it into a bowl if that's what you prefer. But you get more soap for your money, as a rule, when you buy pucks - so I'd say do that when you can.

Useless Trivia Alert:
The earth's rotation is actually too weak to influence the direction of the water flow. Toilet water whirlpool directioin will swirl depending on the sink's structure, not the hemi-sphere it is in.

Last edited:
I find myself treating pucks as shave sticks these days - pick the whole thing up and rub it on your face for a few seconds. The shape is great for holding onto, and the larger surface area means you can coat your whole face in 10 seconds!

I am so glad I'm not the only one that does that. :thumbup:

Those of you finding shave sticks uncomfortable - I wonder if you're keeping the business end of the stick wet enough. It sure does drag if it dries out, but if your soap is worth its salt, it ought to slip like greased owl snot when wet.

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the Laugh.

I am another that does not like the feel of a shave stick on my face. I use water a plenty and still it just does not feel right.:thumbdown

I do have Moos in a stick...and just slice off a coin of soap and wet it and stick it to the bottom of my bowl.:drool:

Same with the other tallow goodness of Arko:drool:...I want to try the Palmolive from Europe with the tallow goodness...I will be buying 2 sticks some time next week.

Bart Simpson has much to answer for. Not only that, a terrible episode of sterotypical derison. I can only assume they were piling on self-aware irony.

You guys do use the word irony when you really mean sarcasm, right? :huh:

+1 If I want soap in a bowl, I buy soap in a bowl. If I'm buying a shave stick it is specifically so I can travel with it.

+2. I have 3 shave sticks and they are staying sticks. I travel for work a lot and they are easy to grab out of the den and throw in my luggage.

I like shaving sticks and use them as-is. I face lather most of the time unless I'm using a soap that doesn't come in stick form (Cade, I'm looking at you), so sticks just make life easier.

Top Bottom