What's new

Shaving product mislabelings you've come across?

Yesterday I was thinking about how I have some blade containers I found at an antique store that were mistakenly labeled as match holders. It got me wondering what other mislabelings you've come across? I imagine most of them would be with antiques but the world never ceases to surprise me.

The most common thing I have seen is a Slim listed as a Fatboy. Other common things are a razor like a Tech in an Aristocrat case or DE blades just called razors. The dealers in the antique malls around me are pretty savvy, they know what they have and typically it’s priced high eBay selling price.

mistakenly labeled as match holders
Yes, NO

The very early blade containers had a match striker on the bottom of them, and here is one with it's remaining contents from a 1918 military set. I know these as "Waxed Vestas" a strike anywhere match.

:D

1-IMG_20240516_124634~2.jpg

Yes, NO

The very early blade containers had a match striker on the bottom of them, and here is one with it's remaining contents from a 1918 military set. I know these as "Waxed Vestas" a strike anywhere match.

:D

View attachment 1847000

Very interesting.

I have two I got from the same place, maybe at the same time; one looks just like that, but the other is different in material and how it opens.

eBay and Etsy sellers are notorious for mislabeling products. Especially sellers that don’t normally sell a particular item. I can’t count how many times I’ve seen this happen

Top Bottom