What's new

Shaving Price Increases - Osma Alum Block and more

Last year I purchased an Osma Alum Block 2 years ago. It was $6.95 for a tiny block. I thought, "gee that is small". But I love it and use it regularly with my shaves. It has lasted a long time but it is now time for a new block. Looks like prices are now $14 and up. Is there an Osma shortage?lol. I also noticed that Personna Lab Blues use to be $13/100, now most prices are $19. Other shaving staples also seem to have gone up in price this year.
Anyone else surprised by the price increases?

Last year I purchased an Osma Alum Block 2 years ago. It was $6.95 for a tiny block. I thought, "gee that is small". But I love it and use it regularly with my shaves. It has lasted a long time but it is now time for a new block. Looks like prices are now $14 and up. Is there an Osma shortage?lol. I also noticed that Personna Lab Blues use to be $13/100, now most prices are $19. Other shaving staples also seem to have gone up in price this year.
Anyone else surprised by the price increases?
Osma alum blocks are still out there at $7 or so, just shop around. Blades such as Astra SS are $8/100. Prices for a lot of home haircut and grooming items are out of whack due to the pandemic situation, but it is not universal.

I did notice the price of a good old puck of 'Vergulde Hand' shaving soap pass the 2 euro mark this year. It's basically the Dutch equivalent to Williams mug soap.

Yea i noticed alot of shaving creams
Soaps aftershaves etc have gone up
About 6-8 $ ...thing is i wonder if it will go down when or if covoid is dealt with or they will keep it the same
Price because they know they can get it?

well, prices have been fluctuating with all the virus stuff!
but, as said above and per the song lyrics, "You've got to shop around!"

shop.jpg

Osma Alum Block does not do anything special for me. I still have it but, quit using it. I really like the Lab Blues but, there are other blades out there that do the same job as in Astra SP & Astra Stainless.

Osma Alum block is a great “deodorant” that lasts for about
eight hours and leaves no trace to clothes .

Also ,along with warm water is
a great way to disinfect synthetic shaving brushes .

I’m not quite sure anymore ,
if it really belongs to “post shave care” camp .

Witch hazel has the same effects,without the sting ,the dryness and the redness of the alum ...

To the topic: Few years ago SV soaps here in EU had an average price of 20€ .
Nowadays, their price has jumped to 36€ ...

It seems to me that the price of alum blocks is the same, but it's been ages since I bought one. Software prices here are constant as far as I can tell. At least that's true for the lower cost products that I am interested in. I only saw a huge price bump in the La Toja sticks the other day. It used to be 1.90 euros and now it costs 3.40 locally.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I think that the current pandemic is creating supply and demand problems as well as shipping problems. This is not just B2C but also B2B. Prices are going up on many things.

Well prices return to "normal"? Probably not. It's not so much vendors believing that customers are prepared to pay more, I think it will have more to do with the inflationary effect of governments pouring "free" fiat money into their economies.

£4.50 only.

£4.50 only.
That’s about $5.75 Usd, not bad, but I’ll have to check shipping. Thanks

I was going to look forward to ordering a bloc of osma after seeing the price of it I don't know. Was going to replace my broken razorock travel block

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom