What's new

Shaving more or less during lockdown?

Shaving more or less during lockdown?

• Total voters
Less now. The missus suggested I let my hair grow out during the lockdown. Still shaving the face, but I'm surprised how much product and time was spent on the noggin.

Reactions: abj
Every day to be honest, so its definitely more. I need something to occupy me and keep me anchored to a regular routine.

Only downside is the ad that comes with it. I'm spending more than I should.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Same. I work in a factory anyways, so no one really cares whether or not I shave. I enjoy shaving though and there is a certain amount of routine that is necessary and healthy during this time, IMO.

Same every other or every third day SR shave. Just skipping electric razor touch ups between saves. Man is inclined to sloth, but man is also a creature of habit. So, keeping a regular schedule, shaving, getting up at the same time every day, etc. is important for keeping up moral.

Just use a little extra lotion after every shave and you will be fine.

I’m back to close to daily. Or at least every other. Initially I stopped completely due to some anxiety/depression of our situation. Then...I took that initial growth and grew a “quarantine beard” still shaving my head...but then I realized why I hate having facial hair because it was just too damn uncomfortable for me. So...I got a couple of new SE razors I have wanted to try as a pick me up and got back in gear. I think it’s important to keep routines going and to participate in our “hobby” for both the physical and mental benefits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still shaving every day, but I switched over from cartridge to DE safety razor(s) and have rampant RAD, BAD and SAD. Now my shaves are much closer, either DFS or BBS so I could probably skip a day if I wanted to. It would be much harder to work on technique or even enjoy the shave if I had to race out the door every morning.

Due to having to wear a mask at all times at work
I went from this
proxy.php

To this
proxy.php

With an electric I had to shave twice a day.

With a Feather blade in an AS-D2 and my graying beard 24 to 36 hours

Straight razor - My wife is happy with every other day. At the end of the second day it looks like 12 hours after an electric razor shave.

Normal work life - I shave every day.

Online teaching - I sometimes go every other day.

More for me. Partly because I just bought my first JNats and kamisoris, so I am playing.

When I am going into work each day, I sometimes feel like I have no time, so I will often trim down to 2 days growth with an electric beard trimmer on its lowest setting, rather than shaving.

I'm still shaving the same amount mostly. Had a rough shave last night though so I'm going to take a couple days off and let my neck heal.

Top Bottom