What's new

Shaving in space.

haha I was planning on making this thread but I thought I'd check first to see if it already existed... and it does! Oh well!

But yes I found that Chris Hadfield video which is what made me think of it :)

EDIT -- Just watched it. It looked surprisingly easy! However I'd be tempted to use an electric shaver in space to minimise mess. I dunno. Now I want to try this. XD

They have an official watch for space (Omega). They have official writing tools. I am somewhat surprised NASA did not pour a few billions into developing the official high tech razor.
Old Joke:

The American Space Program needed a reliable way to take notes in space. NASA spent hundreds of thousands to develop an ink pen with special ink that would work in the freezing cold, in the absence of gravity and could survive the difficult environment.

The Russians just took pencils.

Old Joke:

The American Space Program needed a reliable way to take notes in space. NASA spent hundreds of thousands to develop an ink pen with special ink that would work in the freezing cold, in the absence of gravity and could survive the difficult environment.

The Russians just took pencils.

NASA chose not to use pencils since
graphite dust has a tendency to short circuit electronics. There are bombs, graphite bombs, designed to take out electric grids. They are based on spreading coal dust in the air... just like a pencil in zero gravity.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Right after their breakfast of space food sticks, lol.

I used to love Pillsbury Space Food Sticks!

Lived on the chocolate ones. Think they had strawberry, etc.

Tried to find them once. Some retro company made them, but they faded out again.

Want to see my Tang Lunar Rover? Cost me like $20, but I got it back after 50 years ...

AA

Top Bottom