What's new

Shaving Cream Swirl

I worked on this for two hours this evening and still can not figure out how to use the rim to shape it. Im BEGGING for a short video. I can get the cream to stand up some times but no swirl.

I worked on this for two hours this evening and still can not figure out how to use the rim to shape it. Im BEGGING for a short video. I can get the cream to stand up some times but no swirl.
Ok great, you can shape the lather with the rim...perhaps use your fingers to create the swirls? There are no rules ya... 😅
1 point to remember is those luscious-looking swirls can only be created provided the lather is creamy and hydrated...
If the lather is foamy...no swirls
If the lather is too runny...no swirls

Good job and keep it up...👍👍

Hey @Caber...here you go, a short video on how I create the lather swirl... it's my first attempt and I know the angle and all is not very good so you can laugh at it...
I had some restrictions due to the camera angle, normally I do it at the chest and higher level with the bowl on top.
You can see swirls and all...just to keep the video very brief...not perfect since I'm camera shy and my hands are shaking...not a good thing since I am shaving with a straight... 😅😅

The shave gears I use for today's SOTD...
20210911_141617.jpg

Hope this helps...and yes, you can laugh...😆😆😆

@Chard52142- Very nicely done my friend! Thanks for sharing you technique. And, there I was thinking you face lathered the whole time, puckering your lips to form the peaks. No wonder it wouldn't work for me :lol: .
Very artistic, @Chard52142! A sculptor of foam!

I had no idea such a thing was even possible.

👨‍🎨
Thanks, guys...hahaha!
I do face lather too...it's 50-50 between face and bowl and no, I won't show a video of my ugly mug shaping the lather... 😝😝

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Hey @Caber...here you go, a short video on how I create the lather swirl... it's my first attempt and I know the angle and all is not very good so you can laugh at it...
I had some restrictions due to the camera angle, normally I do it at the chest and higher level with the bowl on top.
You can see swirls and all...just to keep the video very brief...not perfect since I'm camera shy and my hands are shaking...not a good thing since I am shaving with a straight... 😅😅

View attachment 1326413

What is that spoon/scoop doohickey that you are using ?

View attachment 1326413

Thank you very very much! This helps a lot! I was really close to doing it right but I see a few things I need to correct.
thank you again !

Still practising after watching the videobut not being the same effect.

I think that my lather might be too stiff. I will give it a few more goes.

Does it matter what kind of brush you use? I have been using a boar brush.

Still practising after watching the videobut not being the same effect.

I think that my lather might be too stiff. I will give it a few more goes.

Does it matter what kind of brush you use? I have been using a boar brush.
Hey, it does not matter the kind of brushes...I've used badgers, boars, and synthetics without issues...
The point is the lather has enough water to be creamy but not too much where it'll get runny...or worse, foamy...
Remember...your fingers can help too...😉😉😆😆

Top Bottom