What's new

Shaving Cream Swirl

Can anyone explain how to do the shaving cream/ soap swirl on the end of the brush that looks like it came out of a ice cream dispenser? Ive seen some guys take picks of their brushes on B&B with a perfect swirl on the end of their brushes

How else do you think it possible?

proxy.php

Hey, thanks for all of your kind words...the ice cream cone like lather swirls is actually quite easy to make and I don't really have any special skills nor equipment... 😆
If you look at the pictures below, left to right, you can use the rim of the bowl to gather & shape the lather onto your brush...
You can taper it slowly into the peak...these pictures were taken quite a while ago and since then I am able to twirl it better...
Further, with more experience am also able to create a richer creamier lather which is easier to twirl and create those loop-like layers...as a result I favor bowls without nubs as those are difficult to gather all the lather.
Lastly, you can use your fingers to help some as there are no rules nor regulations...I just want to see my lather is of a creamy sheen quality with a good peak...😆😆 Hopes this can be of help to you...
20201023_224101.jpg
20201023_214100.jpg
20201023_214304.jpg
20201023_214346.jpg
20201023_214404.jpg

Don’t know if you would be willing to make short video on this but if you are I would love to see this in action @Chard52142
Hey, thanks for your interest but...ermmm...I have to see regarding making a video. Even with those pictures, I am just using 1 hand holding my mobile and pause to snap for each frame. Let me try to check how to hold the mobile still while in position to record...hahahaha...please be patient and meantime...enjoy today's cone...
p/s as per @Atlantic59...my sundae machine needed some maintenance... 😆😆😆
20210908_072040.jpg

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Hey, thanks for your interest but...ermmm...I have to see regarding making a video. Even with those pictures, I am just using 1 hand holding my mobile and pause to snap for each frame. Let me try to check how to hold the mobile still while in position to record...hahahaha...please be patient and meantime...enjoy today's cone...
View attachment 1324596
That is commercial advertisement worthy. well done!

View attachment 1324596
I'm going to be that guy. Please provide the 411 on your blades. That tuck looks awesome!

Hey, Guys thanks! I searched and found the meaning for 411 translating to "The relevant information or the truth" 😀

Well, this is a blade specifically found in only 1 shop, 1 location where I live. Nowhere else including all the local and international online vendors. I have had searched online and physically visiting many shops in my country and nil...just can be found at that 1 shop. The cost per tuck of 5 blades is RM1 = US$0.24. It is double wrapped in very nice paper. Obviously, I ensure to keep the mandatory 100 blades...😆.
The blade seems to be manufactured locally as there's a local address.
For me, it's sharp, smooth, and can give me a good quality 6 shaves per blade although I will bin after 4...
For me, this blade works in most of my DE razors modern and vintage easily...
For me, this blade is comparable to Wizamet or Polsilver and in fact my myself it's better...
Unfortunately, our local postal service is suspended for international service otherwise I would have put these blades for B&B members to try...
I hope this satisfied the 411...😅😅😅

20210623_221454.jpg
20210118_213134.jpg

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
View attachment 1324596
The Lather Barista.
Secret Men’s business

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Hey, Guys thanks! I searched and found the meaning for 411 translating to "The relevant information or the truth" 😀

Well, this is a blade specifically found in only 1 shop, 1 location where I live. Nowhere else including all the local and international online vendors. I have had searched online and physically visiting many shops in my country and nil...just can be found at that 1 shop. The cost per tuck of 5 blades is RM1 = US$0.24. It is double wrapped in very nice paper. Obviously, I ensure to keep the mandatory 100 blades...😆.
For me, it's sharp, smooth, and can give me a good quality 6 shaves per blade although I will bin after 4...
For me, this blade is comparable to Wizamet or Polsilver and in fact my myself it's better...
Unfortunately, our local postal service is suspended for international service otherwise I would have put these blades for B&B members to try...

View attachment 1324633View attachment 1324635
Thanks for the blade update. Here in the USA dialing 411 in many locales will connect you to "information" or directory assistance, it became slang for "details".

View attachment 1324633View attachment 1324635
Thank you for providing that information! It's much appreciated! 🙂

Hey, thanks for all of your kind words...the ice cream cone like lather swirls is actually quite easy to make and I don't really have any special skills nor equipment... 😆
If you look at the pictures below, left to right, you can use the rim of the bowl to gather & shape the lather onto your brush...
You can taper it slowly into the peak...these pictures were taken quite a while ago and since then I am able to twirl it better...
Further, with more experience am also able to create a richer creamier lather which is easier to twirl and create those loop-like layers...as a result I favor bowls without nubs as those are difficult to gather all the lather.
Lastly, you can use your fingers to help some as there are no rules nor regulations...I just want to see my lather is of a creamy sheen quality with a good peak...😆😆 Hopes this can be of help to you...
View attachment 1324064 View attachment 1324065View attachment 1324068View attachment 1324069View attachment 1324071
I’m relieved to see an actual demo of your technique as I was always convinced you were punking us all with a can of Reddi-Whip.
3C1EFF5D-39F7-4082-969B-CCC5A0278A93.jpeg
71E43B2B-17D1-452F-908F-C7CB91BB68CA.jpeg

View attachment 1324596
Well if you are able and willing I would love to see a video. Im more of a kinesthetic learner so if I can watch the motions and then try to mimic them I tend to learn better that way. I do appreciate the coaching so far.

Top Bottom