What's new

Shaving and Tobacco scents

To me, from the artwork it makes it look more like Rodrigo is smoking opium with that long pipe and his laid back position in his chair.
I’m not sure what types of pipes were popular when smoking first started in Europe (haven’t really looked into it yet) but I know that long stemmed pipes were popular with certain cultures throughout history. There’s an account from John Adams when he was serving as ambassador to England in the 1780s (I think) meeting with the Tunisian ambassador to England. During the course of the meeting pipes and coffee were brought out. Adams mentioned having to rest the bowl of the pipe on the floor just to be able to smoke it because it was so long

1665584050961.png

Wed 26 My Favorite Pipe/Cigarish Scent Combination!
Soap
PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Karve Brass OC-D
Blade Timor Stainless 2nd
Aftershave PAA Cavendish Splash
Still at the top...my best soap & splash combo...just love the sweet aromatic pipe scent...the lather is great too, creamy and slick!! Another smooth and comfortable shave with this blade paired with the razor. 3 easy passes for a bbs finish...
20221026_115755.jpg

Very surprised to not see Chiseled Face Sherlock and Stirling Green on this thread, as they are both wonderful tobacco scents!

Stirling Green is a Polo knockoff, but,

Sherlock smells exactly like it’s sposta: someone smoking a pipe in a library in the 20s while wearing a leather aviator jacket.
Was hoping for a sweeter “cigar-shop” scent, so “Full Measure of Man“ might be in my future, but this one by Chiseled Face knocks it out of the park. Puck strength: 3/10, lather strength: 5/10.

7B969900-E181-41B8-8FAC-18FAAD64F7E9.jpeg

Sat 5
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Haverford
I love this soap and matching splash combo! The aromatic scent is strong & outstanding while the lather is super creamy & slick! The only Stirling aftershave that can last and allows me to enjoy it for longer...
20221105_140133.jpg

Sat 5
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Haverford
I love this soap and matching splash combo! The aromatic scent is strong & outstanding while the lather is super creamy & slick! The only Stirling aftershave that can last and allows me to enjoy it for longer...
View attachment 1551841
I just received Stirling Haverford Soap and Splash earlier this week.
The lather is creamy, slick and give you a nice post shave feeling, and the scent is beautiful.
The Splash is great, very nice post shave, the scent is the strongest yet, it sits for a whole day.
Onmly problem is, I love the scent, the wife hates it, she says it's too strong.

The lather is creamy, slick and give you a nice post shave feeling, and the scent is beautiful.
The Splash is great, very nice post shave, the scent is the strongest yet, it sits for a whole day.
Onmly problem is, I love the scent, the wife hates it, she says it's too strong.
Well, a new aftershave is a lot cheaper than a new wife, so . . .

That sounds really familiar...my wife does not like many of my other AS as well...but like what @Cino mentioned, the alternatives are more expensive...😅😅😅

That sounds really familiar...my wife does not like many of my other AS as well...but like what @Cino mentioned, the alternatives are more expensive...😅😅😅
My wife hate Tabac, RR Puros, TGS Heliotropium, TGS Savage and Haverford, plus some of my more obscure after shaves like Wars and Dinegro.
But she do like TGS Orange Empire, RR Emperor, TGS Furiah and RR Chicago

My wife hate Tabac, RR Puros, TGS Heliotropium, TGS Savage and Haverford, plus some of my more obscure after shaves like Wars and Dinegro.
But she do like TGS Orange Empire, RR Emperor, TGS Furiah and RR Chicago
Wow! I do hope you are allowed to wear those aftershaves despite your wife's dislike...it's a waste to ignore those excellent splashes...

Top Bottom