What's new

Shaving and Tobacco scents

I avoid blind buying any scent that has a tobacco note listed. To me, that usually means it will smell BITTER.

Now I'm sure there are some scents with tobacco that aren't, like Opium (YSL), but I see that as an exception. Rule of thumb for me is I don't even see the point in ordering a SAMPLE of something with a tobacco note.

I avoid blind buying any scent that has a tobacco note listed. To me, that usually means it will smell BITTER.

Now I'm sure there are some scents with tobacco that aren't, like Opium (YSL), but I see that as an exception. Rule of thumb for me is I don't even see the point in ordering a SAMPLE of something with a tobacco note.
Stirling Haverford is a Tom Ford vanilla tobacco clone and has a noticeable spicy background scent that reminds me of the spices used in spice cake. B&M full measure of man is a sweet pipe tobacco scent that has a strong maple syrup scent to it especially with the balm and hand soap. I have the shave and bath soaps and the balm in the full measure of man. Neither one of those scents has a “bitter” scent to me

Wed 3 Tobacco Scented SOTD
Soap RazoRock Puros
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade Gillette London Bridge 3rd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + RazoRock Puros Splash
Very nice aromatic straight tobacco-scented soap. The lather is thickly creamy and slick too!
After more than 2 months of slants, OC, and SRs...I finally get to enjoy my Karve...ooooo what a pleasure when paired with this blade. Very smooth and comfortable in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish without any issues. Aftershaves were awesome.
20211103_091944.jpg

Wed 3 Tobacco Scented SOTD
Soap RazoRock Puros
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade Gillette London Bridge 3rd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + RazoRock Puros Splash
Very nice aromatic straight tobacco-scented soap. The lather is thickly creamy and slick too!
After more than 2 months of slants, OC, and SRs...I finally get to enjoy my Karve...ooooo what a pleasure when paired with this blade. Very smooth and comfortable in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish without any issues. Aftershaves were awesome.
View attachment 1356689
Puros is probably one of, if not, my favorite tobacco scented soaps, I just absolutely love it. As close to a cigar/humidor type scent as it gets for me.

Puros is probably one of, if not, my favorite tobacco scented soaps, I just absolutely love it. As close to a cigar/humidor type scent as it gets for me.
Hey, thanks! It's very aromatic for sure. For me, it's more like pure tobacco leaf...Cigar/Humidor...hmmm, perhaps...

Hey, thanks! It's very aromatic for sure. For me, it's more like pure tobacco leaf...Cigar/Humidor...hmmm, perhaps...

Sounds like this might fit the bill for me as I'm looking for the scent for nostalgic purposes. As a kid growing up in southern New England I worked in tobacco (broadleaf) and the smell of cured tobacco is very evocative to me.

Now if I could also get a shave soap that smells like tomato leaves...

Sounds like this might fit the bill for me as I'm looking for the scent for nostalgic purposes. As a kid growing up in southern New England I worked in tobacco (broadleaf) and the smell of cured tobacco is very evocative to me.

Now if I could also get a shave soap that smells like tomato leaves...
If you like tobacco, definiteky pi ck up some Puros, you won't regret it.

Wed 17 Tobacco Scents SOTD
Soap Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Brush Yaqi 24mm Robin Clear Handle
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + HeV-CCC Balm
Mmmmmm...what an awesome aromatic scent from this soap! The lather is good enough...but the highlight is the scent..!!
Another cheap but highly efficient razor! Paired with this cheap blade... outstanding result! Auto-easy & very smooth in 3passes for a bbs finish. Matching aftershave was lasting & super!!
20211117_090903.jpg

Tue 30 Tobacco Scents SOTD
Soap B&M The Full Measure of Man
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express 2 Band Badger
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade Feather Hi-Stainless 2nd Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + B&M TFMOM Balm
An epic scent from the soap and further enhanced by the balm. The lather was creamy and slick.
I have never used this fav razor and fav blade combination before...until today and wow!! Super crisp, silky smooth, and very comfortable in 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish. Awesome pairing! Aftershaves were lasting and great!
20211130_082618.jpg

Tue 7 Tobacco Scents SOTD
Soap RazoRock Puros
Brush Spiffo 28mm Manchurian
Razor RazoRock SLOC
Blade Feather Hi-Stainless 4th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + RazoRock Puros Splash
An easy soap to lather producing thick, creamy, and ok slickness qualities. The scent is pure tobacco...nice!!
Easy shave with the razor paired with this blade. Uneventful, reasonably smooth, and acceptable efficiency in 3passes for a dfs+ finish. The blade will be retired. Aftershave was great...can sure last...
20211207_090728.jpg

Sun 12 Tobacco Scents SOTD
Soap PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade PearlMax Platinum 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + PAA Cavendish Splash
My number 1 Soap and Splash set! The scent for me is just outstanding. The lather is just rich, super creamy, and slick...absolutely love this!!
My number 1 vintage DE, this razor is just fantastic...paired with this unassuming blade...wow! 3passes went so smoothly, so comfortable, and very efficient for a dolphin smooth finish. The matching aftershave amplifies the lovely scent for quite many hours...
20211212_125449.jpg

If you like tobacco, definiteky pi ck up some Puros, you won't regret it.
I just shaved with some Puros i got for Christmas. It worked fine as shaving soap does but it certainly wasn't tobacco scented. It smells more like a combination of baby powder and bandaids. I was so hoping for something like the smell of the tobacco warehouse I worked in as a teenager.

I just shaved with some Puros i got for Christmas. It worked fine as shaving soap does but it certainly wasn't tobacco scented. It smells more like a combination of baby powder and bandaids. I was so hoping for something like the smell of the tobacco warehouse I worked in as a teenager.
If you’re looking for a tobacco barn/warehouse scent you might want to investigate Crowne & Crane Tobacco Leaf & Amber. To my nose it is reminiscent of the scent of Tobacco Leaf curing in barns in Tennessee. I was exposed to that scent whist visiting in-laws in Tn. YMMV though.

Stirling Haverford is a Tom Ford vanilla tobacco clone and has a noticeable spicy background scent that reminds me of the spices used in spice cake. B&M full measure of man is a sweet pipe tobacco scent that has a strong maple syrup scent to it especially with the balm and hand soap. I have the shave and bath soaps and the balm in the full measure of man. Neither one of those scents has a “bitter” scent to me
Funny thing about Full Measure of Man. Every time I open the tub, I smell Neosporin. I've tried it in two different bases, and have the balm - ALWAYS Neosporin.

Let's get this thread current in 2022 and still smelling nice of aromatic cigars or pipe!

Tue 25 Tobacco Scented SOTD
Soap Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor J.R. Torrey 5/8
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + HeV-CCC Balm
Very aromatic scented soap. Today's lather quality was just so-so...
Nice easy shave with this razor. Still unable to get more efficiency under the neck...ah well...just enjoyed it nonetheless.
Nice aftershaves too.
20220125_122324.jpg

Top Bottom