What's new

Shaving and Tobacco scents

Hey, my buddy...is it really tobacco forward?? This soap and AS are available locally but I dare not commit as SW scents are said to be complex and further I am not a fan of sandalwood...ok with it (have TOBS) but would prefer not... 😆
Like the pumpkin & bourbon though...but the clincher must be tobacco forward...
Thanks in advance for your response...
I own Samhain, both the soap and splash. If you use those products you will definitely get the tobacco coming through loudly and clearly. I own 3 SW scents but Samhain is the one I use the most often and consistently.

I own Samhain, both the soap and splash. If you use those products you will definitely get the tobacco coming through loudly and clearly. I own 3 SW scents but Samhain is the one I use the most often and consistently.
Hey, thanks for your response. Sounds really good and considering you enabled me for the wonderful scent from HeVCCC AS balm, I will surely take your advice and it'll be in my target...

Hey, thanks and for sure. I like barbershop scents from Shannon's and B&M but RR so wondering what will Warden be like... 🤔

You most certainly will love The Warden scent then, and its also a strong scent.. so either lay it on and bask in its goodness or lay it on thin diluted with water

Hey, my buddy...is it really tobacco forward?? This soap and AS are available locally but I dare not commit as SW scents are said to be complex and further I am not a fan of sandalwood...ok with it (have TOBS) but would prefer not... [emoji38]
Like the pumpkin & bourbon though...but the clincher must be tobacco forward...
Thanks in advance for your response...
I agree with the response above, I definitely get a lot of tobacco. It is very well balanced and well mixed though. I dont get much sandalwood myself. I primarily get pumpkin and tobacco, some bourbon. I couldn't even tell there was sandalwood if the scent notes didn't say it.

Fayiz D.

You most certainly will love The Warden scent then, and its also a strong scent.. so either lay it on and bask in its goodness or lay it on thin diluted with water
I agree with the response above, I definitely get a lot of tobacco. It is very well balanced and well mixed though. I dont get much sandalwood myself. I primarily get pumpkin and tobacco, some bourbon. I couldn't even tell there was sandalwood if the scent notes didn't say it.

Fayiz D.
Thanks, Guys for the B & B spirit of enabling...Southern Witchcraft is free shipping to my door while Squadron will be challenging.
Let's get it one by one... 😆😆

Ohhh Yes!! Spitfire scent is special...more leathery-like for my nose but I love it too. Wanted the splash...let's see how to get it sent over 🤔
Keep your eye out on West Coast Shavings site, they stock Phoenix and Beau splashes, that is where I picked up my Spitfire splash, but they are currently out. Another good place to potentially see it is on Murphy & Mcneil's used marketplace.

Sat 31 Tobacco Scents SOTD
Soap Stirling Haverford
Brush Spiffo 28mm Manchurian
Razor Gillette Empire Goodwill
Blade Vintage Polsilver Super Stainless 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + HA + Stirling Haverford Balm
Just awesome the scent from this soap! Really aromatic with a creamy and slick lather. The brush is amazingly soft...perfect for face lathering...
The shave with these 2 vintage combinations of razor & blade was very very good. Can feel the edge was crisp but soft & smooth so it was very comfortable 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish. Excellent blade indeed! The aftershaves were excellent too especially with the matching AS balm!
20210731_125323.jpg

Keep your eye out on West Coast Shavings site, they stock Phoenix and Beau splashes, that is where I picked up my Spitfire splash, but they are currently out. Another good place to potentially see it is on Murphy & Mcneil's used marketplace.
Hey, thanks & appreciate your tips, but unfortunately, I'm from Asia and most vendors won't ship AS internationally.

Mon 9 Tobacco Scents SOTD
Soap RazoRock Puros
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor GEM Junior
Blade GEM Stainless 11th
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + HA + RazoRock Puros
Good creamy and slick lather from this soap. The scent is aromatic tobacco for sure but kinda too mild for my nose.
Shave with razor paired with the well-used blade was still smooth and comfortable in 3passes for a bbs to dfs result without issues. Matching aftershave enhances the aroma.
20210809_092730.jpg

1628560770833.png

Today's shave

Preshave: From Slock’s mad scientist lab Slock’s universal, certified soon to be internationally famous proprietary shaving oil blend.
Razor: Gillette Canadian prewar tech.
Blade: GSB

Soap: Uncle Jon’s Pipe Smoke
Brush: Stirling Badger fan brush.
Balm Stirling unscented balm
Aftershave: Stirling Harverford

DFS

Two of my favorite tobacco scents for my HSOTD
-Merkur futur gold
-Nacet (3rd)
-PAA Switchback 400 26mm roswell knot
-Capt choice copper bowl

-PAA Banana cube
- Catie's Bubbles porch drinks
-PAA Cavendish splash

Brought out an old favorite today. The gold merkur futur. What a smooth and efficient shaver. Even on setting 1. Very comfortable and lovely shave.
proxy.php

Fayiz D.

Thu 12 Tobacco Scents SOTD
Soap Van Yulay Puros La Habana
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade Vintage Polsilver Super Stainless 3rd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Clubman Whiskey Woods
Really enjoyed this straight-up aromatic cigarish scent. The lather was thickly creamy and slick enough too...
Shave with razor paired with the vintage blade was easy, smooth, and comfortable in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish. The aftershaves were awesome.
20210812_095819.jpg

Thu 19 Tobacco Scents SOTD
Soap B&M The Full Measure of Man
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade Vintage Polsilver Super Stainless 5th
Aftershaves
Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + B&M TFMOM Balm
Uniquely scented soap! Between sweet to cigarish to, hmmm...anyway the lather is creamy and slick enough...
Shave with razor paired with this blade was still good...another smooth and comfortable 3passes without any issues for a bbs finish. The matching aftershave balm ensured a lasting aromatic scent for the entire day...
20210819_085012.jpg

Thu 19 Tobacco Scents SOTD
Soap B&M The Full Measure of Man
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade Vintage Polsilver Super Stainless 5th
Aftershaves
Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + B&M TFMOM Balm
Uniquely scented soap! Between sweet to cigarish to, hmmm...anyway the lather is creamy and slick enough...
Shave with razor paired with this blade was still good...another smooth and comfortable 3passes without any issues for a bbs finish. The matching aftershave balm ensured a lasting aromatic scent for the entire day...
View attachment 1314046
I don’t get the cigar tobacco scent from the FMM soap and balm. To my nose it’s a sweet pipe tobacco. The sweetness that you mentioned strongly reminds me of maple syrup which is noticeable in both the balm and the soap but it’s much stronger in the balm to me. To me the scent is overly sweet and needs a spiciness to counterbalance the sweetness

I don’t get the cigar tobacco scent from the FMM soap and balm. To my nose it’s a sweet pipe tobacco. The sweetness that you mentioned strongly reminds me of maple syrup which is noticeable in both the balm and the soap but it’s much stronger in the balm to me. To me the scent is overly sweet and needs a spiciness to counterbalance the sweetness
Hey, thanks for your comments. I have the PAA Cavendish and my nose indicates to me that's more pipe than this TFMOM...
hahahaha, amazing how the difference in our sense of smell. You're right though, it is sweet but I am not familiar with maple syrup sweetness but the balm is definitely stronger. My wife keeps telling me it smells like some traditional herbal liquor...wrinkling her nose... 😆

Hey, thanks for your comments. I have the PAA Cavendish and my nose indicates to me that's more pipe than this TFMOM...
hahahaha, amazing how the difference in our sense of smell. You're right though, it is sweet but I am not familiar with maple syrup sweetness but the balm is definitely stronger. My wife keeps telling me it smells like some traditional herbal liquor...wrinkling her nose... 😆
Very true about how we perceive scents. I just wish the scent of FMM wasn’t so cloyingly sweet to me or had some spice notes to counterbalance that sweetness. This has been my first soap from B&M. I love the performance of it and will probably buy from them again but probably not this scent. Maple syrup has a distinct sweetness in both scent and flavor if you ever get a chance to try it. It’s mostly found in the US/Canadian markets with diminishing availability the further away you get due to the limited production season (6-10 weeks maybe?) It comes from the sap of sugar maple tree and takes about 44 gallons of sap to make one gallon of syrup. Might try looking on the Malaysian edition of Amazon to find some but I’d imagine it would get pretty expensive for a good quality bottle there.

Last edited:
Very true about how we perceive scents. I just wish the scent of FMM wasn’t so cloyingly sweet to me or had some spice notes to counterbalance that sweetness. This has been my first soap from B&M. I love the performance of it and will probably buy from them again but probably not this scent. Maple syrup has a distinct sweetness in both scent and flavor if you ever get a chance to try it. It’s mostly found in the US/Canadian markets with diminishing availability the further away you get due to the limited production season (6-10 weeks maybe?) It comes from the sap of sugar maple tree and takes about 44 gallons of sap to make one gallon of syrup. Might try looking on the Malaysian edition of Amazon to find some but I’d imagine it would get pretty expensive for a good quality bottle there.
Thanks! We can buy Maple syrup on 2 online markets (no local Amazon here) but I am not familiar with the brands and not sure if it's really from the US/Canada...hahaha. Like you said...the quality is not fresh any longer.

I have and like B&M Cheshire the most followed by Seville...and am thinking about Chypre seriously...

Sat 21 Tobacco Scents SOTD
Soap Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Torrey 5/8 Near Wedge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars Balm
Terrific aromatic cognacish & cigarish scent! Creamy and slick enough for the task...
Another shave with this razor prior to being sent for some work. Overall was ok in 3passes for only sas result. No weepers but some sunburn-like irritation. Although smooth and sharp enough, a part of the edge needed work. Matching aftershave balm was awesome.
20210821_130357.jpg

Top Bottom